1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Keyboard not working with PSX ISO games ( Buster Bros ) PLZ HELP

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by saberwolf357, Feb 5, 2010.

1. saberwolf357

saberwolf357 Member

Please bare with me, I am sought of a newb when it comes to this whole ROM experience. :p

But I did manage to setup an configure the ePSXe emulator all by myself.

Problem thou, I downloaded this Super Buster Bros classic

https://www.romulation.org/PSX/Buster_Bros._Collection_%5BU%5D_%5BSLUS-00208%5D.7z.html/

It runs in my ePSXe emulator perfectly but I can't seem to use my keyboard to play?

When the game is open the only keys on my keyboard that I can use are F keys , but they do not start the game, I would like to map my game pad to my keyboard via this ePSXe emulator, but if I do not know the keyboard commands I can't map anything?

So my question is how do I setup keyboard so that it reads this or other ROM games, do I need another plug-in of some sought?

Am I using the right PSX ISO emulator, I thought ePSXe is the best, I am using ePSXe version 1.7.0

I also tried another game called RayStorm, an still the same result, I cannot figure out how to start the game with my keyboard?

Another question, I do not have a old Play Station controller, should that matter while playing these ROM games, I have a Logitech Rumble Pad 2 which is identical to a Play Station 2 & 3 controller thou.

Also I would like to play a Resident Evil Rebirth for GameCube located here

https://www.romulation.org/GameCube/Resident_Evil_Rebirth_Disc_1_%28U%29%28DEMONCUBE%29.rar.html/

with the Game_Cube_&_Wii_Dolphin_Emulator so would I need a GameCube remote to play this on my PC?

Also would not mind play Wii Dead Space: Extraction using Dolphin, I download it the other day, it opens up nicely in Dolphin but I can't play without a Wii remote :eek:

Is there anyway to play Wii games in the Dolphin Emulator without using a Wii remote?

Thanx for your time, hopefully you guys can get me gaming today ;)

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Here https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8528.0
    A tutorial about ePSXe, might help you.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Hm..

1) It runs in my ePSXe emulator perfectly but I can't seem to use my keyboard to play?
    - Download all the plugins pack from here.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0
    You can configure your keyboard/controller by go to 'Config' -> 'Game Pad' -> 'Port 1/2' -> 'Pad 1'

2) Another question, I do not have a old Play Station controller, should that matter while playing these ROM games, I have a Logitech Rumble Pad 2 which is identical to a Play Station 2 & 3 controller thou.
    - Just switch between using keyboard or controller on the Button Config.
    Make sure that pad is plugged in and working.

3) with the Game_Cube_&_Wii_Dolphin_Emulator so would I need a GameCube remote to play this on my PC?
    - Up to you, you can also use keyboard to play it.
    just make sure to use the latest version of Dolphin.
    http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php
    - Set which controller to be used by going to 'Option' -> 'Configure' -> 'Gamecube' -> Port 1/2/3/4
    - Configure the button by going to 'option' -> 'Pad settings'

4) Is there anyway to play Wii games in the Dolphin Emulator without using a Wii remote?
    - Not sure, try to configure it by going to 'Options' -> 'Wiimote Settings'

4. saberwolf357

saberwolf357 Member

Nice tut, but in that that link you sent it's does describe how to map your keyboard keys to your PAD which I am aware of, my problem is I can't even use the keyboard to start the game?

I have been looking all day long for the key on my keyboard to start the game, maybe I need a USB keyboard?

I don'y know what the problem is, the PSX game launch perfectly in ePSXe but I can't seem to use my keyboard to play?

I have Xp 64 bit if that's of any useful information?

Thanx in advance.

Maybe I am missing some plug-ins all together, I don't know, but the game runs perfectly though, I just can't control it?

Any chance you might happen to have any info on my Wii an Game Cube controller issue?

5. meganova

If your keyboard is working, then it will respond to the emulator.
    I'm using the non-usb keyboard, and its working well with me.
    Just download the latest plugins pack ^

about the will/gc controller issue,
    try checking the main site of dolphin for more information.

6. saberwolf357

saberwolf357 Member

Thanx for your time, I downloaded the plug-in pack from the link that you posted an extracted them into my
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\ePSXe_Emulator\plugins"

location an still I cannot use the keyboard to initiate the game? :eek:

Maybe I need to place my "ePSXe" folder into my "C:\Program Files (x86)" location, would that help?
    Yeah, I tried to negotiate between my game pad device an my keyboard device an I do not see options to select between the two?

Here is a screen grab of my ePSXe

[​IMG]

It only shows the ports an the PAD devices schemes that I can choose from, I see no keyboard option?

Like I mentioned before, the only keys on my keyboard that seem to be responding to the Super Buster Bros game are the "F1" through "F12" keys, which do not start the game am the "ESC" key on my keyboard which allows me to exit the game full screen.

If I at least new the START key for this game I would be in business, then I would be able to map my keyboard to my game pad, but I pressed all the key on my keyboard an this game wont start?

An my game pad is working properly, because when I go to Config-->GamePad-->Port 1-->Gamepad 1 an choose the game pad scheme that I would like to use, ePSXe does recognize my game pad when I try to configure the features.

But like I said, unless I know the keyboard command to start the game I am stuck :-\ if I can at least get the game to start I can then map movement keys an such.

I am pretty sure it is something simple I am over looking, I would just like to figure this properly soon, because when I start really messing with Dolphin I do not want to be in the same boat.

maybe I should start my ePSXe setup from scratch, right from the beginning?

7. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

If you choose the pad, for example pad 1. A box will appears that allow you to map the keys.

8. saberwolf357

saberwolf357 Member

I finally found the key that intiates the games start mode, it's the "V" key on your keyboard, don't know how I over looked it earlier?

Anyway it works now, I played a couple of PSX ROM games an it seems like the "V' key initiates all the games.

Now I know what keys to map to my game pad. ;D

Ihad a Problem with the "Buster Bros Collection" PSX ISO I downloaded eariler, it's seems that the game does not run properly, I am able to play just one game out of the "Buster Bros Collection" & that's "Buster Buddies" but for some reason the game crashes when I choose to exit the game.

The other two games in the Collection "Buster Bros" & Super Buster Bros" they start ( somewhat ) but when the game begins to start a match I just get a black screen?

I mainly think those errors are due to the game files them self because I have no problem running RayStorm.

Thanx everyone for your insight :)

I don't think you can play a Wii game on Dolphin useless you have a Wii nunchuck remote, because I have search all over an I see nothing on this topic, so I guess I have to get a Wii controller to play DEAD SPACE: EXTRACTION

One question thou, do I need a different emulator to play PS2 games on my PC or can I just use ePSXe?

9. meganova

1) The other two games in the Collection "Buster Bros" & Super Buster Bros" they start ( somewhat ) but when the game begins to start a match I just get a black screen?
    - use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9, and Try using the 'Nice' option on the graphic plugins settings

2) It only shows the ports an the PAD devices schemes that I can choose from, I see no keyboard option?
    - That 'Pad' is your 'Keyboard', just map the button from the 'Pad 1'
    e.g After you have clicked the pad 1, see the option on the upper right corner, set it to the 2nd option(mine is SCPH-1080 Digital)
    set your button, for example, I put my 'O' or Circle button, to 'C' button on my keyboard, while the 'Start' button is 'Enter'.
    Press Ok and try it.

3) One question thou, do I need a different emulator to play PS2 games on my PC or can I just use ePSXe?
    - ePSXe is made for PSX games, you have to use different emulator to play PS2 games
    - The best emulator for PS2 is PCSX2, www.pcsx2.net

10. saberwolf357

saberwolf357 Member

Yeah, I just tried it an it still does not work, so I switched back to "Pete's D3D driver" because it is recommended for Ati cards?

It's a shmae because I would really like to play that Busters Bros Collection.

I don't get that others have not reported a issue with this game, I mean I have a pretty strong PC ( 4 core CPU, 2 9800 ATI gfx cards ) so don't know why I am experiencing problems?

Thanx for that tip ;) Actually I use separate key mapping device ( Pinnacle Game Profiler or Joy To Key ) but they work just the same.

Thanx for that PS2 emulator, just got through setting it up. Now if I can only remember a mind blowing game to get so I can test it.

It's been awhile since I played PS2 :)

Thanx for all your insight

11. Sage_Harpuia

Sage_Harpuia Kiwis and Axl from Rockman X? HELL YEAH!

Same thing is happening to me! I've tried all these solutions and yet stills not working...
    I don't have a pad, only keyboard.

Please help!