1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to burn PS2 ISO?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lugia543, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

ok so i just downloaded a ps2 iso game but i don't know how to burn it. I have 2 dvd RW but i do not know how to burn them onto my dvd. is there some kind of ps2 iso burner or something? yes my computer has a dvd burner installed

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You will want to use a quality DVD-R, not RW (RW's won't work properly).
    Use a good burning software like IMGBurn www.imgburn.com
    Burn at slow speeds, just like you would a CD Image.

3. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

my dad uses DVD RW to burn some movies of his and they work very properly. so what you're saying is that i need a DVD-R and i can't use my DVD-RW? why not?

4. TirithRR

RW do not work well for burning video games. Has something to do with the way RWs work (what makes them rewritable).

DVD-R is the way to go, just like CD-R and not CD-RW for PSOne games.

5. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

aw man i only have rw but no r. i have CD-R but the space of the disc is too small for guitar hero.

6. TirithRR

Ya, you can't burn PS2 games to CDs :)

Edit:
    Well, I can't say that, since I think some smaller PS2 games may have been originally CDs, I remember reading something about that...
    But the larger ones, on DVDs, can't be burnt to CDs.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Most PS2 games size is more than 1GB, so you need to burn it on DVD that have 4GB space, instead on CDs that only have 700mb.

If you burn it on RW, and run it, you will always get a message 'Please Insert Playstation 2 Disc' or something like that.

If you have PS2 console, make sure it was modded.

8. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

would 4x be a good speed to burn at

9. TirithRR

Yes.

10. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

i don't know if my PS2 is modded but i DO know that my brother bought alot of pirated PS2 games (i convinced him to stop) i think those were burned ps2 games.

11. meganova

That means.... it has been modded then.

Most of the PS2 slim at my place has been modded already.
    and there are more pirated PS2 games, than the original ones.

Wait, does all the pirated PS2 games that your brother bought are playable on your PS2?
    If yes, go ahead and burn it.

12. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

yes all are playable but all of those were DVD-R and my blank ones are DVD-RW so i guess i can go and try it.

13. meganova

You can practice burning using DVD-RW until you are familiar with it.

Then, burn the game on DVD-R.

14. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

well that's just it. i don't have any DVD-R. and my dad isn't going to the mall until next week yet. my friends are coming here this saturday and me and my dad only go to the mall on sunday. saturday is guitar hero night and they are really expecting me to have my just downloaded yesterday, guitar hero III set up in my ps2.

15. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

If i were you just try it on a DVD-RW it could be a waste of a disk but its your choice or you can got to publix and buy some for i think its 5 dollars for 10 maybe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.