1. This forum is in read-only mode.

broken acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iwantndsroms, Mar 8, 2010.

1. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

Hi,
    i was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their acekard 2i regarding the mechanism that keeps the micro sd in place,unlike my r4's the acekard has a similar mechanism for keeping the micro sd in it as the nds/ndsi has for keeping a cart or game init and it has given up and the sd just falls out of it now so i cant use it :(.just wondered if im the only one who has had the problemi have not force it in or put it in around the wrong way and hav only had it for 3 months.i have emailed the company i bought it from and am awaiting a reply.

2. ollie809

ollie809 Active Member

yea that is a downside to the acekard2 kindof cheaply made my spring loader is abit wobbly after only a few months and now i try not to even take the cart out of my ds so i often now have to wait till i have a lot of different games to swap around instead of just popping them on there as i find them.

3. iwantndsroms

its a bit weird really as the r4 is not the best card out there but it doesnt use this system to hold the micro sd in and works perfect on the wedge the sd in system.maybe they need to revise it to have the same set up hoding it in as the r4.are there any other cards that use the same system as the acekard or are the others like the r4's?as if i buy another card id the like to have to compatability with roms the acekard has but the same micro sd holder as the r4.

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

That is very strange. Many of my friends and I have the Acekard 2i and none of us have had any types of problems with the construction or the workings with the card. Do you know if you can still load roms from the SD card on your Acekard or is the revecier completly busted? The worst possible thing that could happen is that you have to order another Acekard and go a week without playing a DS game on your DS. You could always use an emulator on your computer and load the save files from your SD card while you wait for a replacement.
    miros

5. iwantndsroms

Hi miros,the problem is with the slot where you put the micro sd into it,there is a spring mechanism just like the one in the ds that locks the game cartridge in but the one in my acekard locks the micro sd in but the mechanism has broken and when you push the card in to lock it just pops back out again.The actaul sd card is fine and the acekard would work if the sd stayed in it,i have contacted the person who i bought it from and he is going to have a look at it and hopefully send me a new one as its only 2.5 months old and i have only taken the msd out 5 times fro rom swapping and firmware updates.thanks again

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I have had the Acekard 2i for around 6-7 months and it has not broken yet. I think the spring is too wound up or something.

7. OXOBloxo

OXOBloxo Well-Known Member

i had a card with problems like this and it was as tho the mechanism had broke, but after messing about with it for a while it came back, weird really.

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

The 1st time I used the Acekard I didnt even notice it was spring loaded-I just pushed it all the way in-like the R4.