1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Keep getting an error 52000 whenever I try to get into Wifi with Pokemon H Gold

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by AnimeboyX3, Mar 26, 2010.

1. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Anyone can help a guy out?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What type of DS are you using?
    What type of Wifi connection are you using? (WPA, WEP, etc...)
    What's your flash cart?
    Is the game patched?

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Error 52000 means it's unable to obtain IP address.
    Your router settings are not correct.

4. AnimeboyX3

Ds lite
    WEP
    Acekard 2i
    No

It's my router?I'll look into it then.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can change the type of signal it puts out I think.

Security I mean.

I leave my password off because I live in the country and my neighbors can't pick up my wifi really; even if they wanted to it would be crap. :p

6. TirithRR

Make sure you have SSID Broadcast enabled.
    Make sure your WEP Key is correct.
    Make sure you have DHCP Server enabled.
    Make sure you don't have any MAC Address filtering turned on.

Without SSID Broadcast, your DS won't find your wireless access point, and without DHCP enabled, your router will not automatically assign IP Addresses to new devices. If your router is filtering MAC Addresses or limiting the number of IP Addresses it is allowed to assign, your DS won't be able to obtain an IP.

What router do you have?

7. AnimeboyX3

I could turn off my security but there's too many moochers in my area.

Yes it's enabled
    WEP is correct
    DCHP is enabled
    I don't know if I have it on or not since my laptop nor desktop would tell me,but my DS gives out a Mac Address does that count?

My Router is Belkin Atheros AR5007 802 11.b/g Wifi Adapter

8. TirithRR

Try this here:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=52000&system=DS&locale=en_US

I don't believe the part where it says "must be ten digits higher than your PC". I think they are just doing that so your DS won't be manually set to the same IP address of another device on your network, assuming your average household doesn't have more than 9 devices connected and already given the addressed 101-109.

The router gives its own address ie. 192.168.1.100

Then the DHCP Server hands out addresses, usually in the order devices connect to it.
    ie.
    Computer 1 = 192.168.1.101
    Computer 2 = 192.168.1.102
    Computer 9 = 192.168.1.109

By telling you to choose 10 digits above your PC, they are assuming that you won't land on an IP address that is already being used, but it is not necessarily true.

Some routers (probably most, but I haven't used most) can be limited to the address range it is allowed to assign, and once it fills up that range, then new devices cannot be assigned.

9. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

http://www.techzine.nl/tutorials/257/2/nintendo-wi-fi-connection-tutorial-de-nintendo-ds-configureren.html

You have a incorrect IP make sure its set at auto obtain

10. AnimeboyX3

Well thnks for the help anyway guys.But I just can't get a connection no matter what I do.So I'll just have to buy a Wireless USB to get me the Wifi.Maybe it's apart of the Anti Piracy for the game.Not sure but I everything you guys told me and I came out with nothing.But thnks anyway guys I appreciate it.