Author Topic: Wood R4 - The New Firmware 99.8% Compatibility (CK3)  (Read 910128 times)

Offline Prectorian

• Premium Member
  • 인생은 불공평하다 ! 결코 이었다! 수 없습니다 마십시오 !
Re: Wood R4 - The New Firmware 99.8% Compatibility (CK3)
« Reply #3175 on: Sunday April 26, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »
Hi Guys! this new firmware is working on a 3ds? Or i need to buy another card to play my old nds games?

WOOD R4 is not the deciding factor for a cartridge to work on a 3DS handheld console or not. It's a third party kernel to help run/load NDS rom that fail to load/run on the cartridge's primary firmware/kernel. It isn't the solution to resolve a cartridge that doesn't load on a 3DS handheld. Just make sure your cartridge works on your 3DS handheld, and that the cartridge brand is one that is supported/compatible with WOOD R4, only then will you be able to play NDS rom. However, since v.1.62, YWG abandoned it, so games dumped after it was last released will likely not work/load.

Offline Joel16

• Set fire to the mike, Ignite the crowd.
    • Advance
« Reply #3176 on: Thursday May 21, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »
This is funny. I think I have enough knowledge to reverse engineer this, and maybe get something out of it. Meh, what's funny is that no one's probably gonna care anymore so I won't waste my time lol. I'm surprised no one tried reverse engineering it though.

« Reply #3177 on: Thursday May 21, 2015, 11:34:24 PM »
Will this work with r4i 1.4.3 card I the DSi XL on latest firmware?

(I can't test it right now)

Offline CoolKill3r

• Guess who's daddy?
« Reply #3178 on: Friday May 22, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »

It should work with Wood for R4iDS Gold, and if not use Ysmenu.

Offline Prectorian

• Premium Member
  • 인생은 불공평하다 ! 결코 이었다! 수 없습니다 마십시오 !
« Reply #3179 on: Saturday May 23, 2015, 11:43:33 AM »

Hi, I'm new and didn't want to start a new topic, so please forgive my resurrection of this topic.

I recently, stupidly, updated my DSi XL (not 3DS) to the latest firmware and now my r4i (V1.4.3) won't work with it. The site that I bought it from no longer offers software support for the card, what can I do?

Thanks.

Unless your R4i is able to run DSi XL v.1.4.5 (through updating from its official webpage which no longer exist), then adding Wood R4 (whichever version) at current situation will not solve your problem. Best is you buy a cartridge whose official webpage states it is compatible/supports DSi v.1.45.