1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] XXXX - HeartGold and SoulSilver Patch (U) and (E)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fclinux001, May 6, 2010.

1. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

• Rudoulph's Universal Child's Play Patch for ss/hg (U) and (E)

Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver USA/EUR Patch
      4749 - Pokemon SoulSilver (U/EUR) | MediaFire
      4748 - Pokemon HeartGold (U/EUR) | MediaFire
      Thanks to Stevetry on GBATemp for uploading it!

How to Patch with Rudolph's Univeral Child's Play Patch
      When you download the Patch.rar from the link above, you must extract it. Then you get a folder with 'Patch.exe' and a Readme. The patch will say not to use a rom from the internet. This is a lie. You can use a rom from the internet and only use a rom from the internet so ignore this text. Now there are two ways to patch, the first one is just drop the rom into the folder and then start 'Patch.exe'. The second option is just drop the rom onto the 'Patch.exe' and wait until it's finished. After it's finished, you get a window with Patch Done!. Then there are two files in the folder, a GameName.nds and a GameName.bak, you can get rid of the .bak file, that's just a backup. Use the just made .nds file to play.

Important: These patches only work with their designated roms, so these can only patch ss and hg (U) and (E). Other games with Anti-Piracy (Warioware D.I.Y., Sonic and Sega all stars racing, ect.) do not work with these patch files. To see a list of all current universal childs play patches go here.

Clean Rom Download (Not patched, so you have to patch these files yourself)

HeartGold(E)

HeartGold(U)

SoulSilver (E)

SoulSilver (U)

All links above are clean unpatched roms, but all links below come with or are pre-patched roms.

These are all the roms pre-patched for anti-freeze plus iDeaS 1.3.5. (ps still in beta)

Sendspace

File Factory

Soul Silver (U) links

megaupload uploaded by Nick Man

filefactory

Soul silver (E) links

filefactory

Heart Gold (U) links

filefactory

Heart Gold (E) links

filefactory

ss and hg (U) links

filefactory

ss and hg (E) links

filefactory

ss and hg (U) and (E) links

filefactory

If you post your own link, I'll do my best to add them to the first post

Update: Fixed HG (U) link to being a pre-patched file
      Fixed HG (E) link to being a pre-patched file
      Added Credits section

other patches (below)

R4SDHC Fixed Kernel [BETA] ~Works with HG/SS Patched ROM
      R4SDHC Fixed Kernel | MediaFire ~ Dutch - UPDATED!
      R4SDHC Fixed Kernel | MediaFire ~ English
      Much thanks to YoshiFlip for making this! Go to the official thread for questions.

Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver USA No$Gba 2.6a Temorary Fix
      Pre-Fixed No$Gba 2.6a | MediaFire
      This freezes on the 66th event.

DeSmuME download
      Download Page
      pre-patched rom works clean

Pokesav plus .sav files
      below is packs with ss or hg saves and current version of ss/hg pokesav.
      The characters are both male. You can change their gender and their name with pokesav.
      In both I saved right after your mom gives you the menu buttons.
      SoulSilver and pokesav
      (name: Silver)
      HeartGold and pokesav (name: Gold)
      If save is in wrong format for your card convert it here.

Click here to see if HG/SS is working on your Card/Emulator
      TTDS/TTDSi
      R4 [All Clones] Turn on Softreset
      M3 [All Versions]
      N5
      R4i-sdhc from here with yoshiflips kernal (above)
      No$Gba 2.6a while using this code:
      Code: [Select]
      SoulSilver:

020DE16C E1A00000
      020D3FA8 E1A00000

Code: [Select]
      HeartGold:

020DD9E4 E1A00000
      020D3820 E1A00000

DesmuMe [Newest Version - Works Clean]
      The Pre-Patched version does NOT work on EZFlash 5i.

If it isn't on the list, it doesn't say it's not Working on your card!

• Kiekoes
      For the no$gba temp fix, the original how to patch text, original compatibility list, and links to patching files, and giving me the idea to start this topic so I could remove *most* N00bs from his original topic here
      • Yoshiflip
      For the r4i kernal to fix inability to load the pre-patched roms, among other things.
      • Nickman
      For the soul silver (U) pre-patched file
      • All others
      For pointing out errors and sparking new fixes for me to develop
    Thank You all so very much for your help in helping me.... help N00bs who..... needed help (I overused the work help ;D)

Hope it helps

2. David3012

David3012 Member

Re: For Those who want ss and hg (U) and (E) pre-patched anti-freeze/black screen...

SO these havent been tested and arnt 100%?

3. fclinux001

Re: For Those who want ss and hg (U) and (E) pre-patched anti-freeze/black screen...

No they have been tested and they work on most cards (r4, ttds, ect.)

4. Jessica Starr

Jessica Starr New Member

The Filefactory ones are gone. But the megaupload is still there. I wish it was a SS version instead.

5. Cherry215

Cherry215 New Member

Do you know when the sou silver is going to come out i want it but thanks for the Heart gold no freezing so far

6. fclinux001

yeah for those who want roms right now the ONLY way to get any roms besides heart gold (U) is to download my iDeaS emulater pack. In my iDeaS pack there is a folder called roms in the folder there is
    Soul Silver (E)
    Soul Silver (U)
    Heart Gold (E)
    Heart Gold (U)
    so PLEASE download this pack for the other roms and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make .rar's that have these pre-patched games on them and upload them, and finally post the download link in a reply so I can add it to the first post.

P.S. The reason the other links were removed is because all the free upload sites except for megaupload seem to be out to remove all these fixed ss/hg roms. In fact the reason I created this topic was because the topic I got the roms from kept having to add and remove links almost daily so the creator of the topic stop uploading pre-patched roms because it had become to frustrating to constantly change the links. Also as soon as my computer is fixed I am going to upload the programthat can pre-patch the clean roms for anti-freeze/black or white screen.

P.S.S. The pre-patched roms were patched with rudoulphs universal child's play patch for those who want to know

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Why didn't you ask permission to use my:
    • Links
    • Tutorial how to Patch
    • No$Gba Fix
    • Compatibility List

And YoshiFlips Kernel.

8. David3012

David3012 Member

That Mega Upload HG File still froze on my R4

9. Rivalman

Rivalman New Member

I am having the same results, Freezes after 15 minutes or so of playing with R4

10. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Use Wood R4

11. fclinux001

or if they have r4s from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ they need to use yoshiflips kernal

12. spire208

spire208 Well-Known Member

Thanks for making this topic the pre patch links were dead on most topics and my brother was nagging the hell out of me to download Heart gold

13. DarkBlade182

DarkBlade182 Active Member

dude i freaking love you for making this topic. ive just beaten johto, moving onto to kanto :)

14. airwin123

airwin123 Member

so do i have to do anything else to these at all? or can i just extract and shove on my M3DS simply? (sorry for being nooby! :'( )
    Post Merge: [time]1274278894[/time]
    noo it doesnt work! it is saying save data could not be accessed. what else do i need to do?

15. David3012

David3012 Member

Also. If you dont know. I was told it freezes after you do like 24 actions. An action being something like openning doo, battling person, talking

16. fclinux001

well try this
    method 1.

step 1. Copy the save file from the micro card to your computer

step 2. take the save file and convert it here http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

make sure you choose the m3 simply format on both and export it in the same format

step 3. copy your save file back to your micro card and make sure the names match up

ex. SoulSilver (U)(Patched).nds
    SoulSilver (U)(Patched).sav

not like this
    SoulSilver (U)(Patched).nds
    Myfixedsavefile.sav

If that doesn't work try this

method 2.

step 1. download the ss/hg version of pokesav here http://projectpokemon.org/pokesav/downloadpokesav

step 2. Extract the program, run it, and open your save file.

step 3. (optional) edit your save file to make the game a little bit easier ;)

step 4. Export your save file with the 'save as' button in the same format

step 5. copy your save file back to your micro card (delete your old one first) and make sure the names match up

ex. SoulSilver (U)(Patched).nds
    SoulSilver (U)(Patched).sav

not like this
    SoulSilver (U)(Patched).nds
    Myfixedsavefile.sav

If both these don't work then tell me so I can put the m3 simply under the not working list
    Post Merge: [time]1274769088[/time]
    yeah that is one of the things this is patch for so it doesn't do that and you can play it as if it was the real game
    pros to using rom

:way faster saving
    :cheats and pokesav

cons

:no pokewalker compatibility

17. airwin123

airwin123 Member

Thank you! ;D I'll try it now!
    Post Merge: [time]1274875931[/time]
    when i try to use method 1 it won't convert as it says 'error: your save do not need any conversion' ?

18. fclinux001

check first post

19. alanwxcx

alanwxcx New Member

is it best to use ideas emulator to play these since desmume and no$gba don't work for me

20. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Re: HeartGold and SoulSilver Patch (U) and (E)

Why didn't you ask permission to use my:
    • Links
    • Tutorial how to Patch
    • No$Gba Fix
    • Compatibility List

And YoshiFlips Kernel.