1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HG/SS No$Gba or DeSmuME? ROM/Patch?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sjlot, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Sjlot

Sjlot New Member

Dear community,

I have been searching this forum how to play HG/SS on No$Gba or DeSmuME, but I still don't get what's currently the best option. Could someone tell me what's the best ROM and/or patch to play it nearly flawlessly? (I do have a dump of my NDS BIOS and firmware)

Please, post the link to the thread where I can find the latest ROM and patch.

Thank you,
    Charlotte

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The game run without problem(except for lags maybe) on DeSmuMe, either on any version from 0.9.5 and up.

As for No$gba, freeze/crash issues may still happen on certain event of the game even if you use the Rudolph patch(or anything that is similar),
    but rarely to happen if you use it with No$Zoomer, there are no permanent fixes for it yet, so playing it on DeSmuMe is recommended.

3. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

I'm able to play it on No$GBA using the following Cheat without any problems.

Here are my roms

Heart Gold

http://www.mediafire.com/?en97zg5uyhamof3

Pokemon Soul Silver

http://www.mediafire.com/?npbhwr2l6y7b62c

Add this Cheat as Action Replay DS and RAW

020DE16C E1A00000
    020D3FA8 E1A00000

4. Sjlot

Sjlot New Member

What is the advantage of running NDS Roms through the No$Gba Bios instead of running flashcarts directly? Does it only matter for the startup/loading or is there also a difference once in game?

5. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Some games don't work when ran through the Bios, for example, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver don't work if you have No$GBA set to Bios, you have to start the games directly.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

It is recommended to run the game through BIOS, but for most cases, it was only required for some games that have white/black screen during startup, and both HG/SS will run whether or not you run it directly or through BIOS mode.

7. Sjlot

Sjlot New Member

Ok, thank you for all the information. I appreciate it a lot. :)

No$Gba runs as smooth as it gets, but when I tried No$Zoomer the text didn't scroll smoothly at all... My PC specs are high enough. What settings do I have to change in No$Zoomer or is it a problem with pokemon HG/SS?