1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My DSi won't recognize my r4i gold anymore...

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by dverarde, Sep 23, 2011.

1. dverarde

dverarde New Member

Okay, here is the issue I am having... I have an older black dsi with an older r4i gold. I started doing the update with illto143 thing, and it got stuck for several minutes on 20% (I know when it should be moving and it was not going anywhere, finished several games of solitaire to give you an idea) and so I powered down... I have tried reformatting my micro card twice now and that doesn't seem to do it. I have several older firmwares, tried them but nothing. I put the card in and the damn DS says no card is inserted... I went to the r4i gold.cn website and their contact sections says their mail is updated and responded to daily... well needless to say, i am kind of stuck... can anyone please please help me with this?

2. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

Hi, you made a mistake, you shouldn't power off your DSi during the update process,now it has locked your r4i gold because of the suddenly interrupt. But, yeah, there is a method to bring it back. you need to prepare another flashcard, anyone is ok, such as ak2i, dstwo or even another r4i gold. just borrow one. and you also need a DS console(sounds like you already have one).

R4i gold: http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcard-for-nintendo-3ds-p-216.html

1. Download the update patch ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]/V143_Patch_R4iGold_Non3DS.rar
    2. Unzip the file you will get V143_Update_R4iGold_Non3DS_NDSi.nds and V143_Update_R4iGold_Non3DS_NDSL.nds you will use the first one because it is for DS console.
    3. For example, you borrow another Ak2i, then put the latest ak2i firmware akaio 1.8.8 (i think it is ) and also the update patch V143_Update_R4iGold_Non3DS_NDSi.nds in the root of your SD card. put the ak2i and Sd card in your DS console.
    4. Power on the DS and then run the update patch
    5. Take out the ak2i from your DS and put your locked R4i gold in the DS console.
    6. Press A to continue the update.
    7. Success dont power off again, man!

Or if you think it is too difficult, then just buy a 3DS flashcard, ak2i, dstwo, r4i gold 3ds any of them is working on your DSi.

3. dverarde

dverarde New Member

the r4i sticker says r4igold.cn, but like I said, I can't find their contact info anywhere... anyway, crazy, do you think your process will work on a regular r4 card? I am the only one I know who has a r4i card...

4. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

oh, i see, the card you owned is a clone R4 card, yes, they have released the update patch for DSi V1.43, but you update failed. the card you have is nor very good, update slow. i strongly recommend you buy a Acekard 2i, DSTwo or R4i gold(r4ids.cn), it will be easier for you to use these cards in your DSi V1.43. And dont buy another clone or bad card again.

5. cm93

cm93 New Member

hey guys, i'm REALLY REALLY sorry for posting on this topic
    the thing is that i have the exact same problem as dverarde
    only thing is that my R4i is R4i Gold v1.4 from r4i-gold.com
    i tried what you guys posted but it didn;t work

any recommendations? :l

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

A picture of the card would be nice.
    And what firmware / kernel are you using?

7. Montazar

Montazar New Member

Hi
    sorry to jump in the middle like this but I have the same problem with my ( R4i3d new ) and I use DSI XL V1.4.3 , before when i put it in it's show me the game with spongbob picture ,but now it's says no card is inserted .
    what should I do ?? please help me .
    you can send to my e-mail too .
    thank you

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Have you patched your card to support 1.4.3 / 1.4.4?
    Patching your card and using the latest firmware will fix a majority of these problems.

9. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

You probably have a contact issue, you need to make the cart a slightly tighter fit into the DSi http://gbatemp.net/topic/231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues/

I know that's a guide for acekard contact issues, but it will apply to all carts

10. Montazar

Montazar New Member

Re: My DSi won\'t recognize my r4i gold anymore...

Aeither, sorry but I'm not very good in English and please could you give me the link for that ? the patch please.
    and i think i can get the latest firmware from here ? http://www.r4i3d.com/index.htm?l=en_US ???
    please let me know .

this my e-mail ([email protected]
    Post Merge: [time]1336918872[/time]
    funguy, I will try to do that ^^ ,but I believe it's not this problem , my ( r4i3d new ) was working very well ,but after the upgrade my DSI XL can't see my r4i3d new any more , like I said I'm not good in english XD .
    I remember I saw v1.0 something like that ,if that help to solve my problem .
    I don't mind if you want to talk by skype or something like that.

11. dirkjan73

dirkjan73 New Member

Re: My DSi won\\\'t recognize my r4i gold anymore...

Hello Friends,i have the EXACT same problem and the EXACT same card,my card is R4i-Gold.com card and there website is and i attache an picture of my card,

So the problem is,like said before,the update was interrupted and after that day the whenever i insert this card in an Dsi or Ds Lite i get the message "no card is inserted"
    latest firmware and kernel on msd dont work because he cant see the R4i

Please anyone a suggestion?
    Post Merge: [time]1348964996[/time]

Hello Friends,i have the EXACT same problem and the EXACT same card,my card is R4i-Gold.com card and there website is and i attache an picture of my card,

So the problem is,like said before,the update was interrupted and after that day the whenever i insert this card in an Dsi or Ds Lite i get the message "no card is inserted"
    latest firmware and kernel on msd dont work because he cant see the R4i

Please anyone a suggestion?
    Post Merge: [time]1348965103[/time]
    sorry newbie here and double post,but my card is like the one from @CM93,sorry again for the double post!

12. egqps

egqps New Member

er.....I am using an R4 silver for 3ds and I'm trying to download things on romulation, but I just blinks and nothing happens. I don't know whats happening anymore. mind helping a guy out?

13. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Blinking your eyes won't make the download start! ::)
    Press the DOWNLOAD/OK button to initiate the downloading process.

As for your R4, you haven't provided enough info. Full name and it's website would be a good start.
    There are dozens of carts going by the name 'R4', so please be clear.

14. disxnuebe

disxnuebe New Member

i got a same error in my R4i Revolution V1.4 .after formating when i bring back those file's he says NO_BOOT_LOADER