1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Does lemon juice really clear acne marks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ogh3, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Does lemon juice really help clear acne marks?

I don't have a lot, but the few I have really irritate me. And a friend told me the healthiest way to get rid of them is by drink 7-8 cups of water/day (which I do anyway), drink about a cup or two of lemon juice, and putting some lemon juice on your face. He says the vitamins in lemons can be very good for skin rejuvenation. Is this true?

2. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

also watch what you eat,sodium-rich foods can give acne which includes things like ketchup and other
    condiments,greasy foods also is a big no no,particularly Bacon,as with the lemon juice its the natural
    vitamins that's present in all Citrus type fruit,the most effective way to go i have found is cut down fried foods to almost nothing
    like twice a month at most,drink water regularly, eat a high fiber breakfast and as early as you can to get your metabolism
    going and everyday shower(or bath) and wash your face with face soap(cannot be hand soap as this will damage your face skin in no time) ,don't scrub,and very cleanly remove all the pus filled pimples afterwards washing you face again and pat dry with some toilet paper, there is no single way someone can remove acne completely unfortunately its in some peoples genes and you are going to have to work harder at it than most other people

3. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll remember that if I ever breakout. But my question wasn't about acne, it was about the marks on the face pimples leave behind :p

4. Sarra93

Sarra93 New Member

wear a paper bag over ur head

5. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I'll try it thanks for the tip

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't suggest lemon juice. It's highly acidic and would be detrimental to most things you threw it on.

7. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

for the marks(im assuming the brown ones left over),just leave it alone it can take up to 14 months for the marks to disappear however for acne scars the only
    solution various forms of cosmetic surgery,right up until burning the top layers of skin of with a laser as the most extreme

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put lemon juice on my face. And as for getting rid of scars, there's always plastic surgery. I have scars on my face that have never gone away. Like a chickenpox scar. Have had it FOREVER.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

sometimes scars can fade by themselves, I fell over when I was about 18 months old and got a piece of grit embedded in my forehead, the scar from that is barely visible now.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's true. I have some scars on my hands that have faded with time.

11. vengefulgorilla

vengefulgorilla New Member

I really do recommend a lot of moisture, non oily but maybe aloe vera based. The healthier your skin is in general and the more balanced your water input is the better your skin regenerates itself, the faster little scars go away.

12. GearzyTV

GearzyTV New Member

This seems like a really good test, I might check it out.

13. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

get a face like mine if you dont want acne

14. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Nobody wants a scaly fish face.

15. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

i don't have acne. its just the marks pimples leave behind really irritate me...

16. Chatb0t73

Chatb0t73 Well-Known Member

they eventually clear