1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon black 2 bricked my Acekard 2i?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by rathexeron, Jul 7, 2012.

1. rathexeron

rathexeron Active Member

Hi guys,

I've just installed the patched version of pokemon black 2 on my acekard, put it in my 3ds (without the latest update on the console, but the most up to date AKAIO software). It came up with loading in yellow and sat there for about 10 minutes. Pressed my home button as it seemed to have frozen, and now neither my 3ds or my old dsl with read the acekard! The 3ds does nothing and the dsl freezes before it loads (but both work fine with other games).

I've tried the paper method to fix it, to no avail, just trying the freezer method, but if that fails, does anyone know of any other fixes or causes for this? And has anyone else experienced this with pokemon black 2? I have looked, but couldn't find anything similar to this

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Link to my tutorial is in my sig.

3. rathexeron

rathexeron Active Member

Will give it a try in a bit, my brother has my old TTDS and a spare R4 so will give them both a try later. Cheers for the help!

4. slingshot182

No problem

5. rathexeron

rathexeron Active Member

Worked ^^ you just saved me £20 Cortex :) just needing to do the updates for 3ds 4.1 etc

6. slingshot182

Yay! *O* Glad I could help :3

7. cjc

cjc Member

Sorry for bumping such an old thread. I'm having the exact same problem as described by the original poster (only with the US version instead of the Japanese version).

Only problem is, I don't have another flash card. Do I pretty much have no choice but to buy another one?

8. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

yup, pretty much, you need another flashcart to unbrick the card in question

9. cjc

cjc Member

Wow, that really sucks. Oh well.

10. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

You also need a original DS or DS Lite.

11. cjc

cjc Member

That's not a problem. I just need another flash cart.

12. cjc

cjc Member

I got another flash cart, so I was able to reflash my old one. But Pokemon Black 2 still keeps bricking it. How do I fix it?

13. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Impossible for A ROM to brick anythink, Only firmware are flashcards are update's can brick .

14. cjc

cjc Member

Turns out the problem was the mini SD card I was using. I switched from a 4 GB one to a 2 GB one and it works fine now.

15. retrogamefan

retrogamefan Well-Known Member

[quote author=cjc] I'm having the exact same problem as described by the original poster (only with the US version instead of the Japanese version).
    >>>>Only problem is, I don't have another flash card. Do I pretty much have no choice but to buy another one?
    >>>>I got another flash cart, so I was able to reflash my old one. But Pokemon Black 2 still keeps bricking it. How do I fix it?
    [/quote][quote author=Jhon 591]Impossible for A ROM to brick anythink, Only firmware are flashcards are update's can brick .[/quote]
    @cjc
    Reflash your AK2i again.
    Then backup your µSD to your PC and then format your µSD.
    To format in windows, open a command prompt [hold start key+ press R then type cmd and press enter]
    Type the following into the command prompt :
    format X: /fs:FAT32 /a:16K

where X: is the drive letter of your µSD
    Then reinstall AKAIO and just Pokemon Black on your µSD

@Jhon
    This is a known bug running 512MB games in AKAIO

16. Jhon 591

Well you learn somethink new each day, cheers for letting me know RGF ;)

Could account also for white screens after Misty gift on reset at times.

Normally I use Active@ KillDisk PRO v5.2 Portable and give the Micro SD chip a good Erase, this sorts that issue out no problem, using this tool Micro SD chip need a reformat in windows FAT32, after use of erase .

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

using this will also burn up the write cycles and SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the life of the card.

18. Jhon 591

Don't really matter

Samsung 2GB MicroSD cards are cheap as £6 to come by anyway ;)

19. clintond

clintond Member

Hi Retrogamefan. Very interesting about the bug! Do you have a link to any article that explains this? Always a good idea to read about a problem before you actually encounter it. tks