1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Getting the R4i SDHC 3DS to work with Pokemon Black 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iliekSweets, Oct 9, 2012.

1. iliekSweets

iliekSweets New Member

Okay, so I spent a long time on the forums looking for solutions to get my R4i SDHC 3DS to run Pokemon Black 2 and realized it is one of the least common (or so I think) carts for support. Thankfully, I ran into Shurtugal, who found a solution to getting it to work~ Kudos to him and others he was able to get this information from. (I'll be sure to include more credits if I can find the names of the others!)

I'm just going to post what I did to get my version to work, and hopefully, just hopefully it'll work for you so you wouldn't have to go through the same troubles I did to get mine to work. >~<

What you'll need is the latest version of:
    1. Moonshell
    2. Panasonic SDFormatter

Then what you'll want to do is:
    0. Back up all your files on your MicroSDHC to your desktop/wherever you please.
    1. Launch the SDFormatter and format with "Overwrite Format" and "Yes" to "Logical Address Adjustment".
    (Note that you may not have "Logical Address Adjustment" for I'm using a Mac version of this Formatter.)
    2. Put the contents of the newest version of Moonshell into your MicroSDHC.
    3. Put in the PREPATCHED version of Pokemon Black 2 into the ROOT of your MicroSDHC.
    4. Safely remove SDHC and insert it along with your R4 Cart into the 3DS and boot.
    5. Load TTMenu.nds
    6. Look for your Pokemon Black 2 rom (which should be at the bottom of the list).
    7. To the right of the Rom, there should be a + sign. Click that and then turn off SOFT RESET.
    8. Go to Cheats (the second tab at the top of the touch screen) and turn on AP FIX (for good measure).
    9. Try running Pokemon Black 2 <3

UNFORTUNATELY there are a few problems:
    1. I can't seem to get any of the wireless functions to work. But hey, at least the game is working now. ^^<3
    2. Saves are really picky as to where and when you can save.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain how to get them to work so I can add it somewhere into the steps above!

Also, I get the feeling I'm posting in the wrong board, so if the mods could move it to the appropriate location, that would be awesomecakes.

Thank you, Romulation!~

2. sonicb00m1515

sonicb00m1515 New Member

where do you get ttmenu,nds

3. iliekSweets

iliekSweets New Member

TTMenu.nds should be included in the Moonshell package. c:
    So when you boot up your R4 in your 3ds, you should find it in the list of items found on your MicroSDHC card.

4. nygamer814

nygamer814 Active Member

ysmenu works on mine r4i sdhc 3ds you just need the lastest version its better than ttmenu

5. Link for the latest moonshell?

6. thedjd

thedjd Member

Latest Moonshell: filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-moonshell-210-stable-child-zwai-edition-full-package-f12830.html

Panasonic SD Formatter: panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

My apologies for the unclickable links. Apparently I cannot post outside links. Just add a www. to the front of the URLs. I hope this helps, as I may get in poop for posting.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

clickable links are disabled until you reach a certain number of posts. We had to implement this to keep spammers under control.

8. thedjd

thedjd Member

Ok. Thank you for clarifying that. I couldn't even get this guide to work.

9. coolvin0

coolvin0 New Member

When I formatted my SD card, whenever I start up the r4i sdhc 3ds, i get the menu? error. I updated to latest kernel v1.62b and made sure i formatted with the correct options. I'm using an 8g microsd card. The only thing I could think of is that I was using my phone to connect my sd card to the computer via usb cause i dont have a reader. Other than that I followed the steps correctly and am now confronted with a new problem. I did backup my sd card and tried restoring it but the menu? problem persists. please help.

im also using my r4i sdhc 3ds card on a normal 3ds.

10. Shurtugal

Shurtugal Well-Known Member

You could just download my custom package R4i SDHC 3DS setup ;)
    http://share.it-junkiez.eu/ua
    [Update] New link with RGF update 6.90
    Also i have been able to play through the entire black 2 game using a clean rom with no ap fixes whatsoever applied. Turn off DMA and Soft Reset if both are on if you experience lag at entering your name. My solution for the exp AP thing. just use the AR code for 999 recovery items and use rare candies when needed. I did not experience any issues until i beat the elite 4. Which btw at this point and at pokestar you are forced to save and both times worked for me which were the only times i risked saving. Dont turn on any AR codes except the recovery items. otherwise you will experience the lag issue that makes you freeze when entering your name. After you get a successful save you can then use other codes. i have not been able to get past white 2 name entering at all :/

11. coolvin0

coolvin0 New Member

@Shurtugal

I tried using your custom package but i still got the error message. I've tried reformatting my sd a million times and i still get a menu error. Do you think it could be the sd card thats the problem? Even though it worked before i first reformatted it...?

12. Shurtugal

What error?

13. coolvin0

coolvin0 New Member

Its an error when i load up the r4. it shows the outline of the microsd card with a "?menu" inside it. Its just a white screen with that picture on it.

14. Shurtugal

Hmmm idk ive never heard of that error before

15. coolvin0

coolvin0 New Member

yeah i just ordered a new microsd card so hopefully the new one will work

16. Baby Mario164

Baby Mario164 Member

A new update has been released.

17. Shurtugal

No duh captain obvious.

18. Baby Mario164

Baby Mario164 Member

Is that your idea of an insult? Grow up. I was just telling everyone in case they didn't know.

19. Shurtugal

lol ur 16 and ur telling me to grow up. thats rich lmfao. and there is no need to say something that was said already. read other topics. oh and btw everybody that participated in this thread was likely closely watching the r4i-sdhc site closely anyway waiting for an update to fix their problems ;)

20. Baby Mario164

Baby Mario164 Member

Right. Because I totally said "no duh captain obvious". Seriously.