1. This forum is in read-only mode.

30-something Veteran retro-Gamer - Wonderful site, congratulations !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cmdrfan, May 16, 2016.

1. cmdrfan

cmdrfan New Member

Hello fellow members !

I'm a 30-something seasoned retro-gamer. Well, more of a veteran gamer who turned "retro" with the passage of time.

Since I'm one of those people who cherish old-school gaming and dislike "progress" when it means things like the Xbox (orig., 360 and 1) , PS2-3-4, and all their HD-photorealistic bloated crapware, or MMORPG's, or Casual gaming (candy crush, etc...) , sites likes these are an absolute joy.

As far as systems are concerned, I do my gaming mostly on emulators on various platforms : an old Lenovo 3000 with win-7, a chinese WonderMedia-8850 Android tablet and a Nintendo Wii, the only "modern" console I like. And I like it precisely because it's old-school look-and-feel and software library.

Being a working professional, I appreciate sites which are managed seriously by their administrators and taken seriously by their members, so don't expect off-topic chitchat from me and be sure that i'll use bandwith responsibly and fight trolls, adware and malware.

Maybe because of my age, I love nostalgia and history-related content and threads and feel very confident posting about mid-1980's to mid-1990's titles, my "area-of-expertise". This means I'm also pretty competent in period-hardware emulation (on Windows, Android and Wii) : VICE, UAE, Gens, MAME, Fusion, Frodo, FCEU, Snes-GX, DOSbox (power user!), GenesisPlusGX, AppleWin, MiniVmac, BasiliskII, NullDC, ActiveGS, OpenBOR, ZXspin, ScummVM , ......

I'm also a member of other similar sites, specially Emuparadise and TheOldComputer which I consider the most mature ones. Romulation has so far impressed me and, in my opinion, will be even better when it adds more "content-beyond-roms", like the two I mentioned do.

Nice to meet you all !

CMDRFAN , as in "Commodore Fan" !!!!

NintyRaccoon, Seph and Neon32 like this.
  2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Hi bro.

Tried playing nds /psp games , there are a lot of great games for these consoles.
    I dont have these console so i play them on emulators .

And enjoy here at Romulation.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Progress is good.

4. DREAMATRON

DREAMATRON Member

Hi cmdrfan! I love classic games with the NES being my favorite console of all time. I also love the Genesis/Mega Drive. I could talk those games all day.

The Wii is a fantastic system, I'm currently finding out. It has a great library of games, and I actually prefer using the Wii for emulation these days.

Welcome!

5. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

Nice to meet you as well.

There's something magical about the classic retro games, something which the newer games can't give me as much.