1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[3DS Firmware Update] Firmware v.7.1.0-14 is now Available For Download

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Prectorian, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

[quote author=http://gonintendo.com/]

3DS firmware update - 7.1.0-14U now available
    Dec 19, 2013 by RawmeatCowboy

Version 7.1.0-14U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
    Improved system stability and usability:
    Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
    [/quote]

Apparently the new update could also block the use of flash cartridges (although no one says it does at present). Refer to your respective flash cartridge official websites to check if they have updates or are working on providing updates to overcome this possible issue. Always make sure to upgrade your flash cartridge first before upgrading your console. Until then, refrain from updating your 3DS/2DS console unless you want to go nutz.

If you have accidentally or carelessly upgraded your console to the latest and it got blocked; well....go sing Justin Timberlake's Cry Me a River, while banging your head on a wall. And, NO! Installing latest Wood R4 or YSMENU/TTMENU will NOT help solve your blocked flash cartridge issue. They are secondary firmware to solve rom not running due to anti-piracy protection, not as solution to overcome cartridge blockage! However if the new upgrade doesn't block the use of flash cartridges, good!

Then again, if your console is below v.4.5.0 and using flash carts that doesn't work on any higher firmware (such as Acekard2i, R4i 3DS Deluxe and Gateway), of cause logically you should avoid updating your console to this new one, unless you're ok with it blocked.

2. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

Thanks Prectorian. My lads have 3DS XLs running ver 4.2 and 4.4. Come Christmas Day, they will be playing using r41 3DS Gold + ROMs. I take it that it is best to NEVER update the firmware?

I have not entered our home wireless key so assume that the consoles can't be 'accidentally' updated.

Is that right? Thanks

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I didn't say never update the console's firmware. I said refrain from updating the console's firmware UNTIL your flash cartridge had the appropriate update to run on it. Otherwise, it (the cartridge) will be blocked from running on the console.

4. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

but if r4i/Gateway etc haven't 'cracked' later than ver 4.x yet, it could be years, if ever, for them to crack ver 7.x and onwards?