1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[3DS] Firmware v.4.5.0-10U Released

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Prectorian, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

[quote author=Nintendo World Report (http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32706)]
    A quick update released alongside some larger Wii U firmware.

3DS Firmware Version 4.5.0-10U became available tonight around the same time as the Wii U's latest firmware upgrade.

According to Nintendo's website, the update further improves system stability as well as enhances the user experience. Seeing how both updates became live at the same time, it can be hypothesized they may have something to do with one another.

As reported earlier, the eShop is down for maintenance. After this update, it is still down. UPDATE 9:08 p.m. ET - The 3DS eShop is up now, but nothing is visibly changed.

More information on this 3DS update may be coming soon, so check back with Nintendo World Report soon. And remember, a Nintendo Direct hits tomorrow.
    [/quote]

With this informed, for those of you; 3DS owners using flash cartridge. Please remember to not download/install the latest 3DS console update before you upgrade your flash cartridge, as on some forum (elsewhere) there been reports of noobs caught off guard and rendered their flash cartridge blocked.

Make sure to wait for a formal/official update provided by your respective flash cartridge website, update the cartridge first before you update the console to the latest version. Unless.....you want to join the queue of noobs feeling sorry for being foolish and impatient. Remember that, if you join those noobs group who update the console first before the flash cartridge, be ready to rack your brain to borrow someone else's DS to unbrick the flash cartridge. I hope those of you reading this didn't already fell into the trap.

Now....it's time for us all to see how many noobs will flood this forum (namely our TECHNICAL SECTION/FLASHCART SECTION) whining and screaming for help about their console had been updated to that firmware and rendered their carts unusable. :p

Up to this moment (5/12); Acekard2i, SuperCard DSTWO, and R4ids Gold (r4ids.cn) websites hasn't even brought up any info regarding this new firmware. Maybe they haven't find the time to update their sites to warn their product users. Till then, be patience.

Note:
    This topic is also available in the NINTENDO sub-section under GAMING LOUNGE SECTION.

* Please post your info about new flash cart updates to overcome this latest firmware in this topic to keep them all in one common topic for everyone to use.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Great.
    This blocking flashcarts?

3. Prectorian

I don't have a 3DS so I can't tell, but some in other forum said it does blocks the use of carts like the v.4.4.0-10U.
    Let's just wait and see, it was only been released last night. Acekard2i, DSTWO, and R4ids.cn hasn't even post anything regarding
    this new firmware. Sooner or later, we'll start seeing a flood, like in the case of v.4.4.0-10U.

4. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

i can confirm that this update blocks the DSTwo

EDIT: an update has been realese, i have yet to test it though
    http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-9465-1-1.html

5. Prectorian

Since I don't own a 3DS, I won't be participating in the discussion. Feel free to post your findings and flash cart updates to overcome the v.4.5.0-10U blockage. I'd suggest whoever post cart fix-update, please post the link to the fix and method used, for those lacking in cart fixing knowledge to follow. :)

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I might buy a cheap 3DS and a Supercard DSTwo in Vietnam...

7. Prectorian

When you do, they'll likely include some free roms for you to choose as bonus.
    What would you do? Turn their offer down for extra discount instead?

8. hster13

hster13 New Member

I just tested my r4i-sdhc. Doesn't work, but site says they're releasing an update soon.

9. kewong

kewong Well-Known Member

Eh Eh Acekard 2i got any flash for 3DS V4.4.0?

10. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

acekard seems to have died, maybe someone will find the way to do an update like they did for the 4.3 update for the 3ds, heard from the grapevine that the last update the acekard team wasnt even fixed 100% and now they are down by 2 updates... i see a headstone waiting for them soon

11. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

ugh I hate the Acekards, there so slow on updates ._.

12. Prectorian

Here I quote a member from another forum received a message after ordering some of those above mentioned carts. His order was delayed because the maker told the seller that they're going to fix it before sending:
    [quote author=chrisguy2010 on Tuesday 11 December 2012 - 18:30:06]

Good morning, just to give everyone the heads up, apaprently there have been some teething problems with the first batch of R4 3DS cards v4.5. I received the following email after order a bunch of cards:

[quote author=message content]

Hi Chris,

I am sorry maybe your parcel cannot send out today.

i just receive a call from boss.
    r4i sdhc 3ds v4.5.0-10 card, the first tier products has some problems, so we cannot send them out.

The factory is producing new cards right now, quickest is this afternoon, we can receive the good cards, or no later than tomorrow morning, the good cards will arrive.

And i think you can receive your parcel on weekend as dhl is very quick.

I am very sorry, we cannot send bad cards to our customers. (seems the card size have some issue so when it insert in the console, not very stable)

This accident is too suddenly, if the cards arrive in this afternoon, i will try to send them out today.

Best regards,
    Game4Deal
    [/quote]

13. x_Ayleen_x

x_Ayleen_x New Member

I follow steps steps from this youtube video and my R4i gold 3DS work with thir version 4.5.0-10U
    -->www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlvV2dGKATQ

14. Prectorian

-Responded in the other topic you posted. Please keep your issue in one topic for your convenience, and every one intending to help you. Thanks.-

15. Geminis076

Geminis076 Well-Known Member

I haven't been affected, but my friend has and I'm the one who gets to updated it for him. We are both patiently waiting for a fix ;) !

16. Alias1983

Alias1983 Well-Known Member

I got a friend that has a ds, does it have to be a specific ds?

17. Alias1983

Alias1983 Well-Known Member

So my friends have a dsi, but they dont go online with it so would I be able to use that to update the cart?

18. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

You can use any DS console that a flashcart works on to update it.

19. rommaniacs

rommaniacs New Member

so unfortunately I've got unneccesary update 4.5.10 this evening and got my r4i sdhc blocked on my 3ds xl
    is there any way to unblocked it?

20. Prectorian

If your R4i SDHC got firmware upgrade to let it work on v.4.5.0, then you need to download it, add to your cart, then run the upgrading program on a console that is below v.4.5.0. There's no way to reverse the console's firmware back to prior to your accident. So you can't perform the upgrading of your blocked R4i on your own console, need to borrow a console that is below that firmware/ if you got an older console, use that. If your official cart's website doesn't have upgrade for it, then your only other option is to buy a new cart that has been pre-installed to work on v.4.5.0.