1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Acekard 2i] micro sdhc question

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by innergamemaster, Jul 2, 2010.

1. innergamemaster

innergamemaster Well-Known Member

I have not received my acekard yet, but instead of using the (class 6) 8GB from my R4 SDHC, I've decided to buy a new memory card for my new acekard
    I want a 16 or 32 GB card
    Acekard advertised a "no lag regardless of card speed". my R4 clone said the same thing and it was a lie.. :'(
    My question is for all of you who are using a acekard 2i

Can you tell me what kind of sdhc you use, the speed, and if you have any issues?

I want to go with a class 6 sdhc, but it's too expansive (about $70 up for a 16GB), so if there's no slow down/lag etc, when using a class 2 with acekard, than rather not spend the extra money

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i'm using a 32GB sandisk card...i dunno anything about classes...but it loads fast compared to my ez flash and original R4.....

3. innergamemaster

there's a number on the card with a circle around it, (2) or (4) or (6) 6 is the fastest, but also more expensive

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well...thanks for the info! my 32GB cards a a class 2....fast as hell...never takes longer then 7sec to load a gome w/o save, with save, 3 sec....so i guess that's fast, right?

5. innergamemaster

Thanks catz..
    I'll save me some $$ and get a class 2 maybe a class 4

on my R4 clone, a class 2 card is slow as hell, just scrolling for games was a pain in the azz, I switched to a class 6 and it was fast

but I guess that won't be an issue for the acekard, yay, that means I will save about $30 if I go with a class 2

6. miros

miros Well-Known Member

You should not notice any difference between a Class 2 32GB and a Class 6 8GB. My understanding was that higher class cards were meant for professional quality cameras or something that required extremely fast write speeds. The read speeds will be a little difference, however that would marginally affect performance and would only show up during the loading sequence of starting the game. For a flash cart, a Class 2 is more than fast enough to load ROMs without any lag what so ever. Best of luck,
    miros

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I use a class 2 4GB card in my Acekard 2i and it runs without flaw.

And my brothers use a 2GB micro SD card on their Acekards.
    And my other brother uses a 2GB Micro SD card on his R4 and there is no slow down that I see in any of these cases.