An Unbiased Look At The 3 Next-Gen Systems

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Winterreise, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

I think it was completely biased to be perfectly honest. There's just so many things I can say about the main list that are just plain out flaws and it's because of that...that these debates happened. There's just no way you can look at all three consoles and say you've come up with a list that isn't biased.

2. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

What was biased?

3. sonic_fan_num_1

To me, everything. I think you should enjoy all three consoles for what they offer you. There's flaws, but even then the flaws themselves shouldn't stop you from enjoying the three different experiences you'll receive and making a list about the pros and cons just doesn't cut it for me.

4. gaynorvader

The list gives people a fair idea of the downsides to each console, which makes it an unbiased list.

5. sonic_fan_num_1

See, I wouldn't have any beef with it when there's some 'cons' in one console that could potentially also be cons for others yet it isn't listed. I'm done with this anyways.

6. gaynorvader

I'm sorry, I can't see what con you're talking about. Is it lack of online titles??

7. Winterreise

Winterreise Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make my list biased. A bias would be if I had said "Console X is better than Console Y, because of this." What you are describing is not a bias at all.

This doesn't make any sense.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

If a pro or a con applies to all three consoles it has no effect on the debate and is not worth listing.

9. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

Now,all that its left is the durability test xD

Hmm does the XBOX 360 uses blu-ray disc like the PS3?

10. Loonylion

it can't. It used to be able to use HD-DVDs, which was the competing format to blu-ray and required an external drive, but HD-DVD lost out and the drives are no longer available. Xbox 360 uses regular DVDs.

11. immabox

immabox New Member

these are very good well put opinion not biased at all...:)

12. mercenary9909

mercenary9909 New Member

No the xbox dose not play blue-ray disc khaislash . : /

13. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

In my PERSONAL (MINE NOT EVERYONES) opinion, i find that what the PS3 has done with Blu-Ray is quite similar as to what the PS2 had with the DVD. It's mostly a game console, but it at least has something to fall back on. The 360 does have a somewhat large library but there isn't as much variety as the PS3 or Wii, but the Wii suffers from a smiliar problem with casual games (especially in the hardcore drought of Xmas '08 and you can't deny it with things like Animal Crossing). The PS3 has the largest variety but not the same size library as the others.

But to finish off my short summary (mostly in relation to library size), I personally find the PC as the best console as it has the best online (player and community wise), the online is free (not considering the Internet Service Provider which is for all), the largest variety and highest quality library and so many different platforms for gaming such as Steam (something i personally use and find incredibly useful and fun). The only real downside is the upgrading for newer games (looking at you Crysis).

14. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

first of all you should read the initial post to prevent yourself from looking really stupid. second of all i am willing to go out on a limb and say that blue ray players in game consoles is completely unnecessary at this point. my buddies ps3 looks pretty much the same when playing a blue ray disc as my 360 looks when it is upscaling a regular dvd, and he has the exact same tv as i do and we both use hdmi cables. might i add that a blue ray movie usually costs twice as much as the same movie in regular dvd format. also the only game that has used a blue ray disc to my knowledge was mgs4 which only had to use a blue ray disc because of uncompressed audio. its a nice feature to add but at this point in time i think most people would rather have good online play and large game libraries which is why the ps3 is lagging so far behind.

15. gaynorvader

Yeah but, DVD has peaked, whereas Blu-Ray is only at the beginning of it's potential.

16. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

this is true...very true and blue ray shows much promise and will hopefully be featured in more than one of the next generation of systems. that being said sony may have won the format war but it will still be an uphill battle to make blue ray the next disc standard and for me as well as many many other consumers at this point the blue ray feature is not worth paying a single extra dollar for. blue rays time will come but it might take some time.

17. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

Why won't you use my argument in quotes?! it's making me really sad. I just want to be argued against so I actually have a genuine reason to come on here and reply! PLEASE JUST ARGUE AGAINST MY POINTS OR USE THEM IN A QUOTE! PLEASE!

18. Loonylion

PC does not count as a console.

19. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

PC always counts as a console. It pratically invented all the online gaming of this current generation (the rest was the all-powerful Dreamcast). If the PC wasn't a console, then why would it get all the "console" games? it always seems to be the gaming bridge between Sony and Microsoft, games like The Agency are on PS3 and PC! and Gears of War was on 360 and PC!
    It's never possible to count the PC out of the race. It's just never counted as part of a generation.

P.S. Anyone who says the PC doesn't count probably doesn't realise that at some point they have clearly played a PC game on their PC so BLEURGH

20. i9urd

i9urd New Member

Putting all the fanboy-ism aside, I don't get why people still use the term "next-gen" to refer to the Current consoles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.