An Unbiased Look At The 3 Next-Gen Systems

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Winterreise, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaaaaaa7

aaaaaaa7 Well-Known Member

Moar Nostalgia

2. Red_Manflame

Red_Manflame Member

2 more things for consideration : ps3 and wii can download stuff onto console. but also if you got latest xbox 360 firmware and a hard drive you can download the games onto the console (no more borrowing video games) and in my mind there all different.
    Wii: aimed at kids
    360: aimed for teens, gun nuts
    ps3: aimed for social people (aka house etc)

3. Malice_Dragon

Malice_Dragon Active Member

Nice list, pretty much exact to the way I feel about them. Well, more hate for the 360, cause mine broke on me again -.-

4. Elydan

Elydan Member

Isn't it unfair to call the 'price' of the Ps3 a con?
    I mean, you aren't calculating in the very specs of each console, so why count in their price?
    Since the ps3 by specs, wins... isn't it logical that it's most expensive? I mean, it had a build in blu-ray player, which you mentioned as a pro. So if that's a pro, don't complain about the price?

I agree with the rest that's mentioned though.

5. xiong421

xiong421 New Member

:D This why its best to be a MANTICORE :D
    Experince all the pros and cons of all the systems and be satisfied with what I got.
    :( Of course I wished I got more games for each system but were talking about the SYSTEMS NOT THE GAMES.

6. 465740

465740 Well-Known Member

nice job an the pros and cons :p

7. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You should write your response outside of the other guy's quote.
    The thing I don't like is that you only came up with what, 3 games? (I can probably come up with no more than 10 mature games for the Wii). Besides that, I tried Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, and the controls SUCKKKKKKK! This is what I don't like about Nintendo.

I was reading this article on debate.org, about the Wii and the 360.
    http://www.debate.org/debates/The-Nintendo-Wii-is-the-best-video-game-console./1/

9. GideonB

GideonB Well-Known Member

Resident Evil 4 on the Wii isn't that bad, I mean the pointing controls are good but this goes back to the original formula of having some of the wierdest controls for a 6th generation console game thats supposed to act like a third person shooter. And while the Wii has childish games, it also has games that teenagers, adults and other people will like as well, such as The Conduit, Resident Evil, House of the Dead and MadWorld. But the Wii isn't the best console out of the 3 7th generation systems, it's probably the most popular because of the motion-sensing gimmick that sells millions to this day.

10. insanecrazy07

This proves my point even more. You only mentioned a handful of mature-oriented games. There's no GTA, with the exception of Bully, which is like aspartame to sucrose. Not the real thing, but a substitute. Out of the 4 that you mentioned, 2 of them are zombie shooters, one is a true FPS, and MadWorld is black and white.

For someone who is looking for a little more than just that, they'll search, and search, but find nothing.
    However, on the 360 alone, there's 2 Halos, 2 Gears of War, God of War, COD4, (is there a COD4 for the Wii? stares blankly). The list keeps going. PS3 adds in much of the same, but with a few differences.

I've resorted to playing Gamecube games on my Wii. And even that doesn't satisfy the mature niche, but it does better than the Wii's titles.

11. chizhangtoast

chizhangtoast Member

wow you really hate the wii and i suppose on balance it is the worst of the 3 consoles.But it is great for having guests because of games like mario party which is pretty boring on it's own but really fun with other people, i think thats why people buy it

12. insanecrazy07

I love my Wii. I can play just about any Wii game, and any compatible Gamecube game. While that may be, there is a clear lack of games leaning towards the mature spectrum. I'm not 8 years old anymore. Mario games are getting kind of old. Even a good FF game will do.

13. chizhangtoast

chizhangtoast Member

thats very true but you have to admit it's good for having guests and parties

14. insanecrazy07

Besides SSBB, Mariokart Wii, and Wii Sports...
    No.
    Those are good for having those kinds of guests that I have stress attacks over, when they approach my Wii. God forbid they hit the update, or delete my shit...

The last few times that I've been a guest at someone's house, we played Hordes on Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, COD4, Army of Two and Halo 3. Obviously a 360. Ironically, they're all shooters. lol

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Conduit and metroid prime (if you lack them already) for wii aren't bad.

House of the dead overkill is awsome if you can get past it world record number of F-bombs used (fact).
    Also no more heros is an awsome game-finger crossed that number 2 has better free roam-number one didn't do it right.
    Finnally-dead space extraction (is that right name ??) is gonna be for the wii-has some puzzles but mostly on rail shooter.

But...too many on rail shooters is my issue.

16. manolisgoku

manolisgoku Well-Known Member

a correction
    ps3 supports 7 controllers

17. wnym7247

wnym7247 New Member

hello
    It is very good topic and thanks for shairing.
    thanks

18. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Sony Ps3's also lets you download games for Playstation 1 from PSN, allowing users to play some classics without taking the PSX out of the loft/attic. Yes I understand there is a cost for this, but buying those games on the internet will probably cost 3 times the price, depending on the popularity of the game of course.

19. strausch77

strausch77 Member

I just can't consider Wii a next gen system...

20. BioWarfare

BioWarfare Active Member

They are all pretty cool but since I only play portable games I don't own any of them. But I have played quite a bit on all of them and I have to say the PS3 is pretty cool. I would rank them:

1.PS3
    2.Wii
    3.Xbox 360

Don't get me wrong people I enjoy playing ALL of these at my friend's house's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.