1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Atsumete Kirby (Kirby Mass Attack) Anti-Piracy Discussion

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Inunah, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Thelastdood

Thelastdood Member

on the 6.65 which do i use for a R4 original?

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Upgrade your r4 original to firmware Ysmenu and replace the latest three dats from my link above ^ into the ttemu folder, by build for R4 original cards http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=55126.0

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

ywg is likely waiting for a few more releases. He never releases to fix just a single game, and the latest update wasn't that long ago. Plus, he does some kind of interface thing with every update, and that takes time.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

This game is creepy-freaking nutz ! Got more AP protection in it than even the best selling Pokemon franchise! :eek:
    Right after I log off (last night);

They found 2 more AP in level 4:
    [quote author=andibad from GBATemp.net]yeah is fixed on get green apple but on level 4 in UFO stage is will freeze if you will get 100 fruit o.oa i don't know is cause, my microSD is fine not have any problem or issue.... (level 4 stage 10)
    in level 4 stage 6 is seem no have any door? so i quit that stage ... (is not freeze)
    in level 4 stage 5 is seem can't quit on ghost gate (Big purple key) ... after beat boss in here ... (is not freeze)[/quote]

And here's the re-fix for extinfo.dat (AGAIN !!!):
    [quote author=jmleolgq from GBATemp.net]2ch updated the extinfo.dat all the time:
    http://yuzuru.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gameurawaza/1312537984/

extinfo.dat download:
    www1.axfc.net/uploader/Sc/so/263171.dat <---- Download extinfo.dat replacement link
    Rename the SC_263171.dat to extinfo.dat
    fix the issue you mention. [/quote]

As for RetroGameFan, he also had updated yet again to v.6.67 because of this game : http://filetrip.net/f25868-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update-6-67.html

For you guys who are using TTMENU/YSMENU, don't just replace the extinfo.dat/infolib.dat/savlib.dat. You have to also replace the r4patch.dat/ttpatch.dat as well. Cause the patch.dat had been updated since v.6.64.

Thanks to : 2ch, RetroGameFan, and jmleolgq as well as andibad

5. Jhon 591

RGF dat's only updates updated to 5810 http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=25883

6. Prectorian

In respond to a report posted a few minutes ago about yet more AP issues turning up from :

[quote author=Andibad from GBATemp.net]i don't know is AP or not, i was trying collect all coin in every level, but i just stuck some stage, i was search in all area in that stage but i can't find 1 coin... i was search in any object but is seem hidden by AP... before new extralib i was get a 7 title on level 4 stage 10, after i replace with new extralib i just found 8 only, 1 is seem i can't get it (i remember is on old extralib is show that but in new one is hidden --" is seem have another AP is hidden coin or door.... in some stage area ... [/quote]

* Below are the new fixes; you may choose to use either one :

RetroGameFan has responded with an even newer DAT Fix for this AntiPiracy Protection rigged game : http://filetrip.net/f25884-RetroGameFan-DAT-Update-5810-2.html

Changelog:
    Change log (v5810.2):

extinfo
    fixed 5584 - Pokemon White Version v3.0 Clean & Full
    fixed 5585 - Pokemon Black Version v3.0 Clean & Full
    fixed 5803 - Atsumete Kirby (J)
    fixed 5810 - Les Aventures de May L'Etrange (F)

infolib
    fixed 5584 - Pokemon White Version v3.0 Clean & Full
    fixed 5585 - Pokemon Black Version v3.0 Clean & Full
    fixed 5803 - Atsumete Kirby (J)
    fixed 5810 - Les Aventures de May L'Etrange (F)

While there is also yet another fix from 2ch:
    [quote author=jmleolgq from GBATemp.net]It seems to fix all the freeze from 2ch.
    http://yuzuru.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gameurawaza/1312537984/

extinfo:
    www1.axfc.net/uploader/Sc/so/263406.dat <---Download Link
    [/quote]

7. Jhon 591

Re-complied, Kirby Final fix, all games codes added to titielist5810.xml, re-added all DEMOs

Updated: 8/8/2011

RGF Official v6.67 + Unofficial DATs Updated To ROM's Number 5810

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SAFSCH11

Games not loading see, Stall On Loading Fix - folder for clones.

Over-Ride DAT's extinfo.dat/infolib.dat/savlib.dat into the TTMenu folder of either DSTT/YSMenu R4

Changelog 5810

Code:
    fixed - BOJP - XXXX One Piece Gigant Battle (EU)
    fixed - B8HF - 5810 Les Aventures de May L'Etrange (FR)
    fixed - TAKJ - 5809 All Kamen Rider Rider Generation (JP)
    fixed - BY6P - 5808 Real crimes The Unicorn Killer (EU)
    fixed - BJRX - 5807 Junior Mystery Stories (EU)
    fixed - BYTE - 5806 Sesame Street Ready Set Grover (US)
    fixed - B86P - 5805 Jewels of the Ages (EU) 
    fixed - B5VE - 5804 Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension (US)
    fixed - TADJ - 5803 Atsumete Kirby (JP)

8. Prectorian

Even more AP found....CaN yOu BeLiEvE iT !!!

This game is nuts-crazy-psycho-lunatic-mad-insane......

Got more AP protection than a high level security prison. Might as well put a time bomb in it.

RetroGameFan's v.6.67.3 update......3rd update in a row : http://filetrip.net/f25887-RetroGameFan-DAT-Update-5810-3.html

Changelog:
    alternative:

[quote author=jmleolgq from GBATemp.net]The cracker said if there is AP any more, he would be very easy to fix it and publish another fix rapidly.

extinfo download:
    www1.axfc.net/uploader/Sc/so/263464.dat <---Download Link
    [/quote]

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Saw on GBATemp that someone mentioned the fix for Wood R4 being in the first post of the Atsumete Kirby AP thread... I looked, there was not. Any info on this?

10. farcry31

farcry31 Well-Known Member

another new fix , again some freezes fixed

extinfo.dat
    www1.axfc.net/uploader/Sc/so/263464.dat

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

this topic is going to be flooded when the (E) or (U) dump comes.

12. Jhon 591

It might help with the AP knowledge of this japan version, For a fast quick fix of both (E) and (U) Dumps...

13. Porkmaster

Porkmaster Member

Yeah, Tonitonichopchop (The thread creator on GBAtemp) thought that the YSmenu/DSTT fixes were for the Wood R4 as well. Someone pointed it out, but he has yet to pull Wood R4 from the "Confirmed working" list. Just gotta wait for YWG.

In the meantime, playing the game on NO$Zoomer with the Bios and Firmware.dat is working just fine. Full speed, 60fps. Fully completed the first world. Every Kirby Coin.

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

How the hell did you complete a world? I can't even flick the Kirbys on an emulator, let alone beat one friggen level.

15. Porkmaster

Porkmaster Member

It took me awhile to figure out how to flick using my mouse. It takes some getting used to, but just left click a Kirby you want to flick, then move your mouse quickly in whichever direction you want to flick him and then quickly let go of left click. You can't hold left click, or the game thinks you're just trying to move the Kirby's to that location and the Kirby's just start jumping up and down. It seems seamless on the DS, because all of that happens in a quarter of a second with the Stylus, but you have to emulate the movement using an Emulator with your mouse. Just practice on the first level. Once you get used to it, it's pretty easy to do with your mouse. Flicking one is easy enough, but sometimes the game needs you to flick multiple Kirby's onto the enemies and that is where it gets tricky, because it requires a lot of mouse movement and precise aiming. It IS possible, just kinda tricky. Luckily, the enemies do have health, but it's just not visible to us in the game, so even if you manage to land only 1 Kirby onto the enemy and you get knocked off, you can keep doing it over and over and eventually the enemy will die. I'm currently in World 2, Level 7, with the first world 100% complete.

Also, if you're using an Emulator and it's NOT running at full speed (100%) and 60 FPS, it just makes it that much more complicated to flick and you have to make up for it somehow. At first, I started playing the game on DeSmuME and the game would sometimes dip to like 89% or sometimes as low as 70% and flicking was damn near impossible for me. My machine isn't a giant powerhouse, so I can't really run that emulator at full speed with any game, but NO$Zoomer runs full speed and 60 FPS on my machine, luckily, so it became infinitely easier to flick using NO$Zoomer. I hope I was of some help to you.

On a side note, Retrogamefan had this to say on the GBAtemp forums regarding Wood R4 users:

[quote author='Retrogamefan']
    For those of you with Wood R4, you should be able to use my updates here : http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases. I Just don't have an original R4 to confirm for you.

Just copy the files from inside the R4_Clone YSMenu of my v6.67 update to the root of your microSD (so copy YSMenu.nds and TTMenu folder), then download the 5810.3 update and copy/replace the 3 DATs to the TTMenu folder on your microSD.

Then boot Wood, then load YSMenu.nds then Atsumete Kirby (J).

If someone could let me know if this does work, that would be great thankyou :).
    [/quote]

I can confirm that this method works. Please refer to the edit at the bottom of my post.

Also, the game seems to be working on older Flashcards and older firmware:

[quote author='Mbmax']
    [quote author='Zerosuit connor']Bahaha It's working on my ncard with x menu 2.55. The firmware is like 5 years old...[/quote]
    3 years old maybe but not 5. ;)

I tried also on my old ez5 v1 in clean mode with an old kernel (2007) and it's ok too with a flash 2/4mb flash save. :p
    [/quote]

Seems to me that Nintendo is just aiming the AP towards newer cards and firmware, so if you were to downgrade to a lower firmware, the game may work on your card, but the other games will of course not be able to be played. Nintendo sure went out of their way to protect this game.

EDIT!!: Retrogamefan's idea does indeed work for Wood R4 as well, I just tested it. The game starts and runs just fine, and you can load and save. If I find any freezes, I'll be sure to post them here. As we all know, Wood R4's .sav files are "XXXX.nds.sav". YSmenu only recognizes "XXXX.sav" as .sav files, so if you want to play any other games besides Kirby on YSmenu, you'll have to go in and manually change the file extension yourself if you want to continue any game you've been playing through.

16. Prectorian

For iSmart MM users ! Updates :

Page : http://www.ismartds.com/kernel-ismart-mm/160-ismart-mm-games-patch.html

@Porkmaster:

Wood R4 supports .sav save files since last year. To change it; Go to your Wood R4 main menu, tap/click the START icon on the bottom left or right depending on what skin you're using or press START button, go to save file setting, change it from .nds.sav to .sav. Save the changes. Done. You should now be able to use the same save file on both wood and ysmenu.

17. Jhon 591

The game dose not seam multiple tasked.... :(

18. Prectorian

What do you mean?

So how's last night's surprise party?

19. Jhon 591

Unless i have not played it through enough - Just you eat fruit make anther Kirby and jump on things in numbers to kill them...

No i just had people around and blow out a cake for the kids, Not my idea of fun - at the end of the night i when't for a drink with my dad that was better!

Socks - underware and £30 is what i got, But better then nothink at all :)

20. Prectorian

Yeah, the game is pretty lame for something so full of antipiracy. Doesn't live up to expectation.

Well, at least you still have people remembering your birthday. Compared to me, hardly anyone remembers.