1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Black Sigil Delayed?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by supleted, May 27, 2009.

1. josephiroth

josephiroth Member

T______T LordAbsu should share us the link at least to users waiting here

2. BladeOFGrass

BladeOFGrass Well-Known Member

A little unreasonable don't you think? He was asked not to share it until Seph made sure everything was in order. It may work for him, but how would you like it to brick your cart because you couldn't wait six to eight hours?

Calm down, the CT-like RPG will be out before you know it.

3. tekxzero

tekxzero New Member

Wow, lol I kinda just realized how awkward that really was... lmao, sorry bout that, I got confused.... Right. Anyways here's hoping it comes out sometime within the next 24hrs *cheers* it's finally here. (no uploaded here, just here).

4. c740

c740 Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/NDS/3851_-_Black_Sigil_-_Blade_of_the_Exiled_(U)(OneUp).rar.html/
    its out

5. Gunsabr77

Gunsabr77 Member

Problem with the Rom, I'm playing it on No$GBA 2.6a and on the world map the screen goes black and I can't keep playing.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's not the rom, it's the emulator.

7. Gunsabr77

Gunsabr77 Member

Never mind, it's working perfectly with Desemume.

8. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Hmm... The game feels weak, to be honest. It has an almost identical combat system to Chrono Trigger, which is a very good thing, but everything outside of battle seems to be either weak or pointless. I mean, this girl is all "I've left my precious family heirloom in such-and-such a place" - when you actually find it, you'll notice there's almost no reason to give it back to her since it'll grant you immunity to a variety of status effects. If you do give it back to her, she just smiles and says thanks. So why give it back at all? Then there's this city with multiple teleportation pads. You're only given access to three at the beginning but two of them lead to the same place. Why bother having two of them if they teleport to the same place?

I'm somewhat worried... Things are not looking good for this game. It's only 16Mb, so it's possible that the island we're on really is all there is to explore. If it isn't, I can't see there being anything sizeable to explore outside of it. I mean, it's basically on the graphical level of Chrono Trigger DS but is an eighth the size - so I assume it must be about an eighth the length as well.

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

That island is not it, there should be more than 150 locations to explore. The size is so small because this game was made for GBA and then ported to NDS, so graphics and cut-scenes and like was limited in size.

10. geminisama

geminisama Member

Sweet, it's up now. And Win, CT is so much larger than this game, because of all the anime cutscenes. The poorly formatted cutscenes, and horrible voice acting is what makes most of the nds rpgs (or games) so big. This has neither, as far as I can tell, so that explains it's size. And as Seph said, it's originally designed as a GBA game.

11. niku86

niku86 New Member

Thanks a ton LordAbsu!!!! Honestly I'm loving it so far, I'm definitely hesitant with all the downpoints this game seems to have, but i'm hopeful, very hopeful that it turns out to be a hit. If only Square-Enix would keep pumping out quality gems in this style.

12. supleted

supleted Well-Known Member

Yay it is finally out! I'm going to enjoy this.... Why is this only 8 mb anyways?

13. Wintrale

16Mb. And it's apparently that small because it's basically a GBA game with very basic tweaks added to make use of the top screen and touchscreen.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Graphics do not differ with vram size on GBA, or DS. ^And he may be talking about the compressed size of the ROM in the archive on the site.

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

Yeah, I've been playing this too and I can confirm that there's more to the "world" than just that island you start off on.

This game is about as old-school as it gets though with the whole "never having enough money to get good stuff" and the "running into battles every 2 seconds" bits. Ticked me off when I got that awesome sword that was almost twice as strong as the sword I worked my ass off to buy literally 2 minutes beforehand. =/

I'm loving it.

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I've been playing. Pretty good so far.

Reminds me a lot of Chrono Trigger. The sprites, text etc. Even the weapon strike and struck sprites in the spritesheet look the same. And when an enemy is defeated, he turns red and fades. And when the sprite is on his knees. Okay, I'm done :p

17. BladeOFGrass

BladeOFGrass Well-Known Member

I wish there was a code to half the encounter rate. It's really killing my enjoyment of the game.

18. Wintrale

But that's how you play real RPGs. All those ones where you can see your enemies coming and even dodge encounters kills the fun of it. Nothing says badass like beating your way through wave after wave of enemies while you're low on health with no restoratives to get back to a city, any city, to recover. :p

19. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

it helps level up your characters. it maybe even help your character beat the boss no sweat.

20. Wintrale

Yeah, I don't do grinding. I'll fight the boss at whatever level my team is, I won't back down and grind more levels just to even the playing field if I lose. Sometimes it's more rewarding that way, for me at least.