1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Breath of Fire III - Wood Chopping Minigame bug

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SuperNormalMan, Sep 12, 2011.

1. SuperNormalMan

SuperNormalMan New Member

I've tried looking for an answer to this problem, and apparently there IS a solution, but unfortunately, the post that detailed the same problem I'm having never said what the solution was.

The problem in question is the wood chopping minigame in Breath of Fire 3. When the minigame begins, the controls become unresponsive; I can't use my sword to cut the wood. I believe that the issue is plugin-related, but since there isn't a "change controller plugin" option for ePSXe 1.7.0, I have no idea which plugin will fix this problem.

Incidentally, I didn't have this problem with a previous version, but that was a few years ago. Does anyone know how to remedy this problem?

EDIT: Fixed a typo I made for ePSXe. Sorry about that.

iPCGamer007 likes this.
  2. beansfortheheart

beansfortheheart New Member

This is literally the only post I've found about this anywhere, and I realize there is a delay of two years, but has anyone figured out what to do here? The rom still has an issue and I cannot pass this part. Tried changing the keys, tried a few other things and no luck. It only seem to be this mini game since the triangle key works well otherwise. Thanks.

3. I3o0IMIr4ng

I3o0IMIr4ng New Member

I had to upgrade to 2.0.5 so that i could change the controller config from direct input to keyboard. None of the other controller plugins worked at all, not even before the mini-game which is weird.

4. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

There was a similar inquiry at another forum almost ten years ago. Unfortunately I couldn't find the answer to that inquiry.

But we have to start somewhere. I would recommend any of you to first upload a save state of the part just prior to the mini-game, to any 3rd party site like Mediafire and post the download link to this thread. And then, perhaps anyone of us might find a solution to the issue.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    iPCGamer007 likes this.