1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars (Ireland)

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Alue_Valeria, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Alue_Valeria

Alue_Valeria New Member

Hi
    I really need some help, I'm in the bar and I have picked up the wire and I know I have to pick up the towel under Pat's arm when he lifts it to drink but I just can't seem to get it!

Is there anything I can try and aim for or anything since its really hard trying to make small movments with the "mouse" when using a keyboard... :(

Been trying everything but not even when I pass over with the mouse do I get a pick up icon, can there be anything I've missed for George to be able to pick it up?
    I've fixed the glass washer, been in the cellar and done the plaster at the ruins...

Thank you all for any idéas!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Watch him closely and wait for when he sneezes and goes for a chug of his beer, that's the minuscule chance you get to grab the wire from him.

Strike that, I misread your post. You can get the towel from the bar owner if you ask him for it.

Also the PC version "Director's Cut" on Steam FTW~! Seeing as it has an added/extra segment for Nicole. And she has a sexy voice to boot :)

3. Alue_Valeria

Alue_Valeria New Member

Thank you for the advice, sadly there is no option for the towel from the Barkeep when talking to him.
    I don't seem to get any pick-up icons around it, only get the "talk" and the "gears" for the lever on the bar... :(

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Didn't you look at the towel on the bar counter? That's the one you'll need. Look at it and then ask about it to the bar owner as well as to Father Mahony and that other bloke beside him.

Spoiler Alert...
    You'll only need the towel later on in that chapter once you find plaster of Paris and need to make a cast of something. Cast + Wet Towel (acquired by turning on the tap below the bar and using the Bar Towel on the running water).

5. Alue_Valeria

Alue_Valeria New Member

Okey thank you, will keep trying ^^

I've looked at Pat (the guy drinking) and it says he has his arm on a dishrag but other then that I havn't been able to "look" at anything else, I'll keep trying then since there is a way, was pulling my hair and making growling sounds last night making both boyfriend and cats stare at me :p

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I don't know why this is, maybe it's an "Original version" thing, but on this here video walkthrough...

.. the "player" was able to "pick up" the towel (skip to 01:06) AFTER he had George convince Fitzgerald's uncle to "look into his nephew's accident" which was shown on the previous part of the walkthrough.

On the "Director's Cut" version I was able to "ask about the towel" from Mr. O'Leary and he told George to do whatever it is he needed to do with it, just don't give it to the drunk at the corner.