1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't Download Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Timmy1024, May 29, 2016.

1. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Hi there,

I've been trying for the past few days (using my points in vain) to download this game, but after about 123 MB the connection is interrupted with the "Network Failure" error. I've tried more than 10 times and it's always the same.

I did download two other games correctly, but this one is quite impossible. I'm using regular Chrome with no download managers.

I'm sad that I've wasted (twice) the points to get the game that wouldn't downloaded. I've just tried againg today (after a couple of days), the points were deducted, but the game still gets cut off in the same place.

Could you please check this? I was hoping to go Premium, but I'm afraid that I will be encountering this problem with random files. This Skyward Sword was the third game I've tried to download since I registered and it already failed.

Thanks.

EDIT: Adding screenshots:

This as is about to fail (0 Kbps)...
    [​IMG]

This after a while...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  2. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Xenoblade Chronicles made me lose points with the same problem... I've noticed that both this and Skyward Sword are .RAR files.

Can you let me know how to fix this?

Please take a look at the screen:

[​IMG]

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Please try with a download manager, that will allow you to resume if it gets interrupted.

We're aware that there appears to be a problem with a transit provider between our server and some of our users, we're doing what we can to try and find a resolution.

4. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Thanks Loony.

I've just tried but the program says the server doesn't support resume and fails at the same point. Please take a look at the screenshot.

[​IMG]

Thanks

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Set it to use only one connection and it will support resume. When it tries to open multiple connections it gets refused by our server and thinks it cannot resume.

6. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

It still doesn't work... it keeps trying to resume every 5 seconds but the download keeps failing. If I go Premium, would this be fixed? The same happens with the Xenoblade Chronicles game and I keep wasting points trying to download these non downloadable files.

[​IMG]

7. Seph

The problem happens because we only allow 1 connection for normal users and seemingly this download manager cannot figure it out for some reason. Going premium would definitely help but I will have a look and see if there's anything we can do to make it work better for this download manager.

8. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Thanks Seph. And what Download Manager do you recommend? I've setted this one to use only one connection, and it seems to be doing it OK, because it only downloads one "section" (as it calls it) at once.

Besides, the base problem is still on your servers, as Loonylion commented above, that you cut the download at exactly 123MB (Xenoblades had another fixed cut point) and I'm afraid that even going Premium won't fix that if you server still doesn't work OK; even when the possibility to have multiple connections opened at once.

What you you think? I was happy to have found this great site but I'm getting sad to see that it doesn't actually work.

Thanks again.

9. Loonylion

the problem isn't on our servers, its somewhere between our servers and you, therefore not under our control and that's why it's so difficult to track down.

10. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

So going Premium wouldn't actually help, right? Any ETA on when it might be fixed?

Thanks again

11. Loonylion

nope, we're seriously considering moving our servers elsewhere to hopefully eliminate the problem.

12. Seph

Premium wouldn't prevent the problem from ever occurring, and really we cannot ever do that because sometimes connections just get interrupted. We'd have to fix the entire internet to fix that problem and that's a bit beyond what we're capable of. What Premium does do is make it much easier to resume the download as you don't have to worry about configuring the download manager correctly.

13. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

So... you are saying the entire Internet is broken but I've never experienced another site where download of very specific files would always be interrupted in the very exact same point; no temporary outage, just every repeatable every time.

Is there anything I could do on my end to try fixing it? I'd really love to go Premium for a full 6 months, but I'm afraid I won't be able to download most of the files that are of my interest.

Thanks again for your help.

14. Loonylion

we're not saying that the entire internet is broken, just that it is what's known as a 'best effort' network, basically meaning it can't guarantee that any given packet of data will make it from A to B safely. While the issues you are describing are by no means common, they do happen, and I can understand that it's frustrating to seemingly draw the same short straw every time.

In order to help us identify where the problem is occurring, please can you do traceroutes to our servers as follows:

Click the start menu and type in “cmd” to open a command prompt. Then type in these 2 commands.

tracert us1.romulation.net >> C:\traceroute.txt
    tracert us2.romulation.net >> C:\traceroute.txt

Once they finish please attach the traceroute.txt file in an email to [email protected] and we can forward that to our host for them to investigate.

15. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Thanks Loony; I've just sent you the two files from my Dan_Aykroyd e-mail account.

Please let me know if you find something with them.

Thanks again

16. Loonylion

Without wanting to get hopes up too much, I think those two tracerts you sent could be what we were looking for; there's definitely something visible in them. If it's OK with you I'd like you to do some more tests:

1) download this file: http://lax1a-speedtest.gorillaservers.com/test/1gb.bin and let us know the approximate average speed you get. (you can delete it after)

2) traceroute lax1a-speedtest.gorillaservers.com and attach the traceroute to an email as before

3) download a PSX ISO from RomUlation and let us know the approximate average speed

4) download a similarly sized PSP ISO from RomUlation and let us know the approximate average speed.

17. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Thanks Loony! I'll do that today and let you know afterwards how it goes.

18. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Well Loony, here are the results of the tests:

1) I've downloaded the test file from gorilla server and it downloaded at my max connection speed (10 Mbps), so it was good.

2) I'll be sending the tracer file to gorilla serversafter I post this with the hops, from the very same Dan_Aykroyd e-mail address

3) I've downloaded 1XTREME USA for PSX (~150MB) and it also averaged at my max speed of 1 MB/s

4) I've downloaded ACES OF WAR EUROPE (~150MB) and it tended to gravitate to an average speed of 600~700 KB/s

Hope this info helps at all, please let me know if you need anything else from my side.

Regards.

19. Loonylion

That information is very useful, thank you.

Seph and I are currently discussing our next move, I shall update this thread when we have something he says is ok to make public.

20. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Glad it helped; looking forward to your communication!

Regards,