1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't Download Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Timmy1024, May 29, 2016.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Just an update to this thread, we decided to move to a different provider and this is now in progress.

Seph likes this.
  2. Loonylion

and a final update, the move is now complete.

3. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Hi Loonylion, Seph,

I'm glad that you remembered to post the updates to this thread. Thanks. I've been checking it every one-two weeks since your last post, so I was very excited to find out today that you changed providers.

Sadly, the very same thing keeps happening. Skyward Sword fails at 123 MB every time. I was so ready to subscribe for 6 months, but sadly it still doesn't work. Do you have an idea of what might be still going on?

One clumsy (and lousy) workaround that I've found and I'm currently trying is using the ZenMate extension for Chrome. You might know it, it creates a VPN for a certain tab and routes traffic to a third party server. Since you commented that the original problem would be located on a node between your provider and my end ISP, I thought that it might would work. And so far it seems to be working; at least is passed the dreaded barrier of the 123 MB error!

But it's certainly not the best (or acceptable) solution, for many reasons. First, because I think I'm violating their policies by downloading huge chunk of data through it (4 GB for Skyward Sword for example). And the other thing is that, since it's a VPN, the download speed is sluggishly slow.

I'll let you know if it finally downloads (1 day left to go it says right now... :(), but please let me know if it would ever be possible to fix the root of the problem and directly download from your servers; hence being able to fully commit and subscribe.

Thanks again for your work and support.

4. Loonylion

does using a download manager and resuming when it stops help?

5. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

No Loony, is the same as usual. It's stuck at 123 MB all the time; no matter how many times I try to download or resume, it doesn't move.

By the way, the ZenMate solution worked, I was able to download the file through them, but it's certainly not factible to do so. Took a couple of days and they'll probably ban me soon for downloading that huge amount of data.

I'm sorry to say that moving to the new server did absolutely nothing to fix my issue.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

6. Loonylion

have you tried using an actual download manager like flashget, or just your browser?

I'm wondering if your ISP are messing with your traffic.

7. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Hi Loony, I've tried several download managers, like FreeDownloadManager and it always halt at 123 MB. Please, believe me that the problem it's not from my ISP; the only site where I've ever experienced this is here.

I use several VPNs, Torrent protocol, etc. without any problem and the ISP doesn't interfere. It only happens with certain files from your servers, like Skyward Sword.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It's odd you're experiencing it kept halting at 123MB. I just tried, and it went past that point.

[​IMG]

9. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Hi Prectorian, thanks for your reply.

As Loony and Seph said back ago when I posted this thread, it only happens to some people because of the way the traffic has to route to them. Some thing with the file server or something.

I'm not in the US (by the way), but you could check my previous screenshots where it always crashes at 123 MB.

10. Loonylion

server is currently down for maintenance but once that's over with we'll have a couple more things for you to try.

11. Timmy1024

Timmy1024 Member

Great; please let me know when ready and I'll go on with it.

Thanks.

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

So actually before we didn't have Wii ported over. You can see from your screenshots it's still downloading from us2. It's moved to us3 now, though, so give it a try and see if it goes past 123 MB or if it still happens.