1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't get Nintendo Wi-Fi to work...?

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ultimate-Sonic-3000, May 18, 2009.

1. Ultimate-Sonic-3000

Ultimate-Sonic-3000 Well-Known Member

Then you came to the right place!

If you're trying to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi on your DS OR DS Lite (Not DSi because it accepts any encryptions) and there is a gray lock, here is a few steps.

1: Get connected to your Internet and go on your browser in your PC.

2: Type your IP address in the URL spot (Including the dots).

3: Then you need to type the username and password to get into these settings (If you're young, ask your parents first to get inside the settings or if you don't know your username and password to go in these settings, call your manager).

4: Go into the Wi-Fi section then security. And in the, "Network Aunthentication" section, select, "Open" then enable the WEP encryption. Then select the Network Key to, "2" and make up a 13-character password for a 128-bit WEP encryption (If it's 64-bit then it's 5 characters).

5: Save these settings and your done. Now turn on your DS and select the compatible DS game that supports Nintendo Wi-Fi. Then go back to the Nintendo WFC Settings and connect to your router, then in the list you'll see a red lock next to your Internet, select it then type your WEP password like I metioned in Step 4 in the 2nd sentence. Next, move anything away like a wireless phone or a microwave away between the DS and the Router. Then touch, "OK" after you entered your WEP key and it'll test your connection, if it succeds, HAVE FUN, SHOW OFF YOUR RANKS AND CHALLENGE YOUR MATES!

If you believe there is a mistake over there, reply and I'll change that and I'm hoping that Anandjones will pin this tutorial out :) .

EDIT: I forgot one thing! After you're finished with Nintendo Wi-Fi, it is recommended that you change the Wi-Fi security settings in your IP address back to where they were because WEP encryption lacks a little on Internet protection.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its your router IP that you need to type in, not your computer IP address. Router IP is probably either 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.254 or 192.168.1.254. username and password are often 'admin' and 'admin, or 'admin' with a blank password.

3. Jeevan2K8

Jeevan2K8 Member

hi erm mine comes up with " this access points security settings are not supported by the nintendo DS " what does that mean ?
    can i change anything to make it work
    please reply

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it means you're using an encryption other than WEP. You need to change to WEP for it to work

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Might I recommend linking to a few of the manuals of the most commonly used routers? They would have default IPs and Username/Password, as well as specific details for that router.

For the US users:
    Linksys
    Belkin
    Netgear

I'm not to knowledgeable on the brand names across the Pond or in Australia though. Some of them seem to be not very user friendly.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

^They should use the same range of brands.

7. riddle-r

riddle-r New Member

i know that this is stopid but i cant find my webkey that i need to make a conection, can som1 tel me were i can find it on my comp

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The key for your wireless connection is not stored on your computer. You need to write it down somewhere and keep it safe.

If you have lost your key, you can connect to your router and set a new one (As long as you remember the password for your router, if you changed that).

Or if that fails, you can do a complete reset of your router, but that will also reset any special connection settings you may have.

What brand router are you using?

9. plectophera

plectophera New Member

Old thread - but IT CAN be stored on your computer if you got it set to automatically connect to the network. Nirsoft (google it, can't remember the url. Probably nirsoft.net) has a key retrieval tool just for WEP/WPA/ETC keys

10. Lightninja

Lightninja New Member

Hi I am not new but Kinda unfamiliar to the site.

a) Anyway r u guys talking about a real NDS or and emulator for the NDS?

b) If its a real NDS forget what I said in part a).

c) If its an emulator for the NDS do you HAVE to have a wireless router or is it possible to use a wireless router OR an Ethernet cable to go online?

11. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Emulators cannot use Nintendo WFC.

12. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Would it work if it was network key 1?

13. Adri3899

Adri3899 New Member

I might try this to see if its helpful :p

14. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the that. Keep me updated

15. A.Men3em

A.Men3em Member

I have a NDS Lite and I've done all what's written in the main post but it gives me this error:
    Error Code 52000:
    Unable to obtain an IP address. Move within range of the access point or check DHCP settings.

16. tadhi

tadhi New Member

My Laptop using a wired connection, I have no access to the router. Is there a way so I can share my laptop connection to my DS? I have tried using connectify (WEP), but i got error 51300 :(