1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cell Phone Blockage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fennyariel, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I'm in a brick building and can't get any signal for making phone calls. I'm trying to figure out why brick blocks the signal and can't. Could somebody please tell me why?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

all non-reflective materials in the path of the signal will absorb some of the signal. In your case either the signal is weak outside the building, and/or the walls are so thick that no signal makes it through the walls. Higher frequencies are more susceptible to this signal absorption.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

also there are locations where you get no signal at all due to lack of range. you should read your manual and map for exact details. i know there are alot of blind spots on them maps. Also brick or cement shouldnt block signals, now steel and lead, great bar killers.

4. Loonylion

they do weaken signals. any obstruction does, and if its thick enough, it will block the signal.

5. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

But the funny thing is I know somebody here with a flip phone instead of a smart phone and she could yack all day here.

6. Loonylion

then her phone either uses a different network with a stronger signal, or has a more sensitive radio subsystem. Probably her phone can't do 3g, non-3g phones get better reception than 3g phones.