1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Co-op Threads.Does RomU have this feature?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by reekon_retro, Oct 29, 2012.

1. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

I've been wondering if co-op threads are available: if you don't get what I'm saying I mean a thread topic that has two or more OPs helping each other out on writing a topic, but mainly tutorials where one could write the tut and the other providing the pics, images, screenshots, etc. They could like PM each other on what topic they'd like to write about and when done they could post it and maybe PM a mod/admin to include both their names (or more if more people) on the OP/Thread Starter.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Nope.
    And after a quick look, there seems to be no modification for it either.

3. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

Hi Aeither. I was only thinking about giving credit to say a fellow RomU user if he helped on the tut and both your names on the Topic author.
    As you've pointed out the site doesn't have it... you think in the future maybe?

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

That's not possible. Unless Seph directly modifies the code which he probably wont do.
    Probably not in the future, unless some mod is made for SMF. If you really want it, ask for a request for a mod at the SMF site. Then ask Seph if he's willing to install it if it gets made. A long shot, but maybe.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's not even possible to do as it would require a major rewrite of SMF. In the database a post basically has a field called "author id" which references the poster id. This allows for 1 id to be used, if you need more ids you need what's called a reference/look up table such that instead of having a field author id you have a new table with 2 fields, "post id" and "author id", that way you can search for post id 23123 and get back multiple author ids.

However, creating this feature would require changes across the entire forum code, I would have to inspect literally tens of thousands of lines of code that honestly isn't very good at all. While I'm technically capable of doing this it would take me several months just for this one feature and would honestly kill any motivation for coding, so won't ever happen.