1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Decline of Sony and Nintendo. who do u like to acquire? google or apple?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by 8bitstory, Feb 1, 2014.

1. 8bitstory

8bitstory Member

For 13 straight years, Sony continually decline, the main reason is they don't have any new innovative business. The odd part is they still keep those continually losing business like the TV, even those Vaio laptops. They have so many models on each category, they have 14 kinds of 42 inch tvs, 3 recent laptops (Fit, Duo, Tap), how many types of xperia? Z has three, xperia C or M is like Z but it's not waterproof...duh. compare it to Apple 5S and 5C. Although their xperia phones are improving, they need more effort to catch up.
    Their huge buildings in Tokyo and NY are sold, they just rent space there.
    The only lucrative sector are games, music and sometimes movie/tv, it's like a boomerang when a movie flops.

Most analyst say PS4 can't help, some suggest to split the company, for me I prefer to dissolve some, just keep those Bravias/Triluminos.

Trivia: Marketing Capital Value - I think the numbers says how much can they operate or invest in a business.
    Sony - $18 billion today ($100 billion during pre-PS2 era)
    Google or Samsung - around $200B
    Apple - around $400B

assets are not included.
    see the wide gap?

I chose Google (or maybe Samsung) to acquire Sony but not Apple or Microsoft...no please...

Nintendo on the other hand can't keep up with their Wii U, this means they might release a succesor for the 3ds in 2 years time, but I doubt it.