1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Download Problems?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Seph, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If points were deducted then it means the download script was called successfully to the point just before we start sending the data. Beyond this point we have no control of what is sent and what isn't. For all we know you could have downloaded it fully. Therefore we cannot refund points.

Edit: I have now made it so that IE users have to manually start the download, hopefully that will mean less people get their download blocked.

2. eayne

eayne New Member

when i download 1460 - Shining Soul II winzip wont let me extract it so i can play it... its just one folder and when i open it its just a bunch of jibberish.. am i missing a file? oh i know.... what is a good gba emulator

3. Seph

You need to extract it using a program called WinRAR or another program capable of handling .rar files.

4. Crazyelf10

Crazyelf10 New Member

How do i get the rom to work on VBA it says unsupported file type and it hays no image What do I do?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

extract the file using winrar

6. garrs

garrs New Member

Everyone who knows about points??

7. Seph

If you want to know what points are then please read here:

https://www.romulation.org/introduction/#points

8. TheTamer

TheTamer New Member

Yeah, I have a problem as well. I downloaded it. Perfect, no problem. I look it up, it's there. I'm ready to go. I try to open it and it says that the file isn't supported? I also noted that it wasn't a zipped file, could that be a problem. It's downloading it perfectly fine, just not as the file that I need it to.

9. Seph

We have two types of files on RomUlation.

Normally compressed one and highly compressed ones.

The normally compressed ones will be smaller files such as N64, GBA, NDS etc. These files will be in .rar format and can be opened using winrar from http://www.rarlabs.com

The highly compressed ones are made using UHARC; since not many people know about this format we decided to make them self extracting archives, so they will come in the form of .exe

10. blood vampire

blood vampire New Member

I have a problem.I have 280 points and i want download rengoku for psp,but the download not go!not enough points tell me,why?

11. Seph

Well because you don't have enough? Wait a few days and you should have enough points to download it.

12. flashsword

flashsword New Member

wtf i try downloading an it takes me back to the homepage y??? its snnoyine me =P some1 plx help thnx ahaed ^_^

13. flashsword

flashsword New Member

im not using IE i h8 it IE =P

14. Seph

First of all please don't use SMS talk like "some1" and "plx" it makes it harder to read for people using automated translation tools.

What you need to make sure is that you don't have an internet security program or firewall that blocks the HTTP_REFERER header. The only thing this header does is tell us which site you came from when you clicked a link. (So if you wrote the URL into the address bar it would be blank)

If this header isn't present, or if it's blank or not a romulation.net page; then we block the download in the belief that you did not come from our site and was, in fact, sent by a rival ROM site trying to leech our downloads.

Sending this header should immediately fix the problem. Known programs to cause this is especially Norton products and on rare occasions Zone Alarm.

15. Mistress_Pucci

Mistress_Pucci New Member

I tried on IE, and on Firefox, but when I do to download 1647 - Zoids Legacy it always takes me to the home page. The game costs 0 points, does that mean it unavailable or what?

16. Seph

No it means you're blocking the referrer header, please check my post above for an explanation.

17. Yami_Youkai

Yami_Youkai New Member

I have downloaded a file with a .rar "name", unzipped it with winrar but I still can't play it, it ends as a .gba but when the emulators opens it it just gets a black screen... do I need another emulator or is it the rom? (Pokemon Mystery dungeon Red)

18. Seph

Please create a support topic in the Technical Help section.

19. khanda11

khanda11 New Member

i downloaded the game...but then it woulden open up on my emulator...y is that? ???

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You need to extract the rom using winrar from www.rarlabs.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.