1. This forum is in read-only mode.

downloads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brooklyn128, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Brooklyn128

Brooklyn128 New Member

I'm trying to download, before I decide wether I want to go premium, but for some reason, it's constantly failing within seconds. Any reason why that is?

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

ok question to find out your problem.

1.Does the download start then end, or just click download and nothing happens?
    2.Are you using download manager?
    3.Are you downloading anything else when you try to download
    4.What are you using to download(pc/laptop/tablet/smartphone) and which browser are you using?

5.Are you downloading logged in or free?
    i ask cause you can only download 2 files per 24hrs.

3. GMFigueiredo

GMFigueiredo New Member

So uh, I clicked download but cancelled it. Now the site says I need to wait for my current download to finish so I can download again. What do I do?

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Post your concern here to have your download session reset:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=62167.75

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Please try again.

6. Brooklyn128

Brooklyn128 New Member

Well it seems like it starts then shows failed download. I'm using a Samsung galaxy s3. Android.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

No wonder your downloads are failing. RomUlation doesn't support downloading from mobile devices yet, but things might change soon as seph (the site owner and Admin) is doing major revamps to the site. Until such a feature becomes feasible you'll need a dedicated wired internet source to download ROMs/ISOs on here... especially big ones.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It's better to download on a computer instead of mobile device. I can't say that's impossible since I've not personally tried on very large files. But far as I know, to download a certain file size "X", you'd need to allocate "2X" of your memory on an Android phone. Though this I believe apply to APK files, I'm not sure if the same rule applies when downloading RAR or ZIP files. Even if it might not when comes to just downloading it, extracting the archive likely would.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

mobile devices often have issues downloading large files, yes.

it's not that we don't support it, we don't really care either way, but the devices tend not to be able to handle it. Nothing we can do about that.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

As prectorian suggested, I suggest downloading any files from the site on a computer.
    This way, you're unlikely to get any errors and issues that come with downloading on an Android device, or any other mobile for that matter.

11. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Return of the Mummy. :p

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Thanks for the clarification loony ;)

13. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I've been a little preoccupied. ;)