1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX Advanced classes and monster locations :P

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Blade5406, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

So how does one exactly unlock them?

I've got three unlocked through quests (Gladiator, Ranger and Paladin), what about the others?

2. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Re: Dragon Quest IX Advanced classes

OMG I didn't even know there's advanced classes to unlock

3. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

neither did i

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

You can unlock another one at the Alltrades Abbey. There should be a guy in a red hat on the first floor. Complete his quest and you get a new class.

5. Blade5406

oh yeah, that one...

where do I find that annoying metal slime, I've managed to find the metal medley though

6. LuckyTrouble77

The normal metal slime should be in the Quarantomb (the place you had to go to to help out Coffinwell).

7. Blade5406

seems I'll have to check out that place again o_O

8. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

i red that you can gey a magic knight if you beat a metal slime with a mage with a critical hit with magic barrier on or something like that google it

9. Blade5406

Haha, got the Armamentalist, easy with metal slash :D

10. LuckyTrouble77

The only thing even remotely like that is to get the Armamentalist class. You have to kill a metal slime after using the Wizard Ward spell. The caster is the one who has to deliver the finishing blow for it to count though.

11. Blade5406

I'm trying to learn the Ranger's ultimate skill (not sure but that's what the quest client said) but where do you find drakularges?

Classes that are yet to unlock:
    Sage
    Luminary (what's this?)

12. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I believe it is the Advanced class for Minstrel, like Gladiator for Warrior, and Sage for Mage.

13. LuckyTrouble77

Warrior -> Gladiator
    Mage -> Sage
    Priest -> Paladin
    ???? -> Ranger
    ???? -> Armamentalist
    Minstrel -> Luminary

No clue where Thief or Monk would go in that tree.

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

Sage is located on a bookshelf in Gottingham Palace. Luminary is accessible at that dance hall in Gleeba after you beat the game. Paladin is on the roof of the palace in Gleeba and Ranger is just before the dungeon you have to go through to get to Zere Rocks. Gladiator and Armamentalist are at the abbey. I know you found the ones after the first two, but I figured I'd just mention them here as well.

I'm working on stuff on getting the manuals for the ultimate skills right now. Managed to get Gigagash and the Gladiator class ultimate skill(double attacks FYI). The quests for these are a real bitch. =/

Fun fact: The paladin's coup de grace is a barrier of invincibility that lasts for a few turns. Saved my ass on a few occasions so far.

Fun fact 2: Sage gets an ability that lets you change your job class without going all the way back to that damn abbey.

15. Blade5406

wasn't armamentalist called a mageknight in DQIX Japan?

so mage > mageknight,?

16. Reider

Reider Modereider

Basically, yes. The Armamentalist is an interesting idea, but all of their magic is support based and the elemental attacks are generally better off just being learned and used with a more physical-oriented class like Gladiator since they can take full advantage of that.

Mage is good for a majority of the game, but I would highly recommend taking Sage whenever you get it. It outclasses Mage in every conceivable way when it's leveled up.

17. Blade5406

Gottingham Palace? or is that Gittish?

18. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I know it is off-topic but i really want to know how can i unlock or learn alchemy ?

19. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

yeah that was the one i was thinking about the JP release there it was called wizard knight
    Post Merge: [time]1278925229[/time]
    after you beat that witch wants the Wight knight for her after battle then watch the cutscene and you will need to go to the castle to get a reward (where they are is explained by the king) after that go to the inn and a cutscene will be shiwn and tadaa u have the alchemy pot

20. Warrior -> Gladiator
    Monk -> Sage
    Priest -> Paladin
    Theif -> Ranger
    Mage -> Armamentalist
    Minstrel -> Luminary
    i think thats it xD