1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - Save Trading (for Tag mode unlocks)

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by mintfresh, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

So, how far into the game do I have to be so I can also upload my save file ;D?

2. mintfresh

mintfresh Member

You'll have to be in Stornway, the second town. So not too far into the game.

Thanks to everyone who's posted their save so far. Donelwero, may I ask how you managed to do that? I tried using the save editor, and I managed to change the names to japanese gibberish, somehow. But I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and it didn't register as a different save :/

Well, we're really close now! Just five to go!

3. Crystal Mountain

Crystal Mountain Active Member

Just get to the second town (Stornway) and talk to Erinn at the inn.

4. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

Well, to get every save to work you have to change the UID for all of them, I think you can find that UID number on the 5th tab. For the names, that a little tricky... the editor ecrypts/decrypts SHIFt-JIS characters that are used for the J version of the game. However, it doesn't recognize roman for our game for the same reason, that's why you cant see the name of your characters, the editor decrypts them with symbols and numbers, but you can make a table with those i.e.

"," - "a"
    "0" -"e"
    "7" - "l"

So if you want your character's name to be "lea" you have to write in the 4th tab "70,"

I made a table with some characters, thats why the names in all the saves are kinda the same. Now, if you make a team of 4 people you can see those "symbol-names" in the 4th tab and make a table so you can write proper names. I was stupid enough to delete the table I made yesterday so I ended up using those 10 saves i gave you again changing their UID, I have like three Deans, three Tims, etc. But hey I've finally got my 30 guests so I don't really care about that.

Hope I made it a little clearer now. If you need any help, please feel free to ask.

5. Crystal Mountain

6. madmonktci

madmonktci New Member

Hey,
    I would like to thank mintfresh for pointing this thread out to me. I am the madmonktci he was talking about in his post a before. =]

I have uploaded a new file http://www.ronblouin.com/files/DQIXSaves.v2.rar that has 3 more saves in it, plus the one from the first file mintfresh linked here before, for a total of 4 saves now.

The saves are called:
    Dragon Quest IX - Inn Alts.sav << name of the first save I uploaded before.
    Dragon Quest IX - Inn Alts.1.sav
    Dragon Quest IX - Inn Alts.2.sav
    Dragon Quest IX - Inn Alts.3.sav

All of the saves should be quick saved at the inn counter.

Thanks again to mintfreash, and thanks to anyone else who posts a save, this is a real time saver. =D

7. Crystal Mountain

8. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I'm close to finishing the game =\

9. Crystal Mountain

10. mintfresh

mintfresh Member

Ha, good idea, I was planning on doing the same. Well, thanks to everyone, I got my 30 guests ^^

Thanks to all who contributed, and for anyone else, please continue contributing, more is always better!

I'm pretty sure this is the only place you can get a load of saves. And we'll probably be one of the few people in the western world to have thirty tags, and the expanded inn. Don't you feel special?

11. Crystal Mountain

Agreed.

Also, it might be a good idea for someone who has an account to one of those file sharing sites to upload the file because when I uploaded my saves, it said that the file could only be downloaded 10 times before it was deleted.

And, do I feel special? Why, yes. Yes, I do. 8)

12. donelwero

donelwero Active Member

13. Crystal Mountain

14. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

damn :(
    I see that you guys already have all the save files.
    well,
    here's my save file (I already have uploaded it).

http://www.mediafire.com/?ij3zuit3nyndynz
    Post Merge: [time]1279261245[/time]
    * save file of my brother :p

15. Crystal Mountain

I'll take it anyway. Thanks.

16. irpacynot

irpacynot Well-Known Member

Couple of questions:

Do any or all of these maps focus on MKS spawns?
    Does anyone have a save with just the Masayuki map?

Thanks

17. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Quick question, if I use all of these saves, do I still need to go to Gamestop on the 31 or is the map they're giving away already in this list?

18. mintfresh

mintfresh Member

Several of the saves have the Masayuki and Kawasaki Locker maps. They also have a better MKS map than Masayuki (it's level 58 is all I remember) which has them with easier enemies than the Masayuki map does. About 1/3rd of the saves have these maps, mainly the ones done in the save editor.

I have no idea what map they're giving away, so I can't say. It's probably not on there though. If, after the event, someone wants to upload a save with it on there, that'd be great, since I don't live in the US, and am thus nowhere near a Gamestop ^^;

19. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Cool so how does this tag thin work? Just go to Inn and the Canvass thing?
    Does your Ds go to sleep and you just walk around until you find someone else
    doing the same thing like on FF Dissidia for PSP

20. voldemont

voldemont Active Member

umm this is going to be my first time I do anything like this, so could someone one tell me the steps?
    I figure that I leave my ds in tag mode and then just load one of the safes to my other ds. After that turn of the second ds and remove the save that I just used and load up another one? So just rinse and repeat right? :p Thanks for the help