1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSI

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Amelia Leeming, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Amelia Leeming

Amelia Leeming Well-Known Member

Hi it's me again, I'm really sorry if I have posted this in the wrong topic but I wasn't sure where to put it. I recently bought a DSI I and I have just found out that my R4 does not work on it because they have made a software to prevent them working so people have to actually buy the game. I'm going sell my DSI and buy another DS lite. The problem is I'm not sure wether to buy a second hand ds lite, u know the old ds lites that only came in pink black and white (I would prefer new but I'm not sure if they r still selling them that's why) or get a new ds lite u know the ones that came out in loads of different colours,I would prefer those ones but I'm not sure if they put the software on that too. I hope u understand me it wasn't very clear!!!

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

The DS lites are still being sold new...

3. Amelia Leeming

even the old ones that come in pink black and white? ok that's a tiny bit helpful but I want to know if I buy a new ds lite that comes in all of the different colours will it have the software on it?

4. yoshi2889

Only the DSi blocks R4 cards. DS lite just has the plain simple system menu on it. You can run your old R4 on it.

5. Amelia Leeming

thanks that's really helpfull so my r4 will still work on the ds lots that come in lots of different colours and that r new? there isn't anyway is there of changing the software on the dsi so it accepts r4's. I just want to know before I sell it

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It'd be easier if you bought an acekard 2.i, they work (but may need a patch for the acekard if the dsi's own firmware is above 1.3)
    Post Merge: [time]1279356206[/time]
    I got a dsi with a working acekard on it, awesome stuff :)

7. yoshi2889

Yes they are in different colors.
    No there is currently no way to modify the DSi (XL)'s firmware.

But if you want to use the DSi I recommended SuperCard DSTWO. Can play GBA games and NDS games just from a single card.

8. Amelia Leeming

Oh cool so I don't have to sell my dsi. That's good now I just have to find a card that works I know u have said some but I just want a really easy one, I don't want to spend all holidays trying to figure out how to use it, we only have laptops so it has to work on that too and please can it be quite cheap, thanks

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The acekard.

I can help getting the firmware on, and I'm sure that if it needs patching one of my buddies here can help :)

Just remember, the "2i" is what you need, the 2.1 isn't dsi compatible.

And while any other card with "i" in the title is fine, the acekard is one of the best.

10. yoshi2889

I recommended DSTWO ::)

Kiekoes has a very nice tutorial on how to install firmware.

11. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

That information is true :)

12. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Amelia did say she want's a cheap card. The Acekard 2i is very cheap for what you get, but the SCDS2, wile very nice, is very expensive. I agree with hYpNoS, get an Acekard 2i. The only thing is, to install the firmware on the Acekard (that makes it work on a DSi), you need to borrow a friend's DS Lite/Phat (or a DSi which is on firmware 1.3 or lower). If you don't have access to a DS Lite/Phat/DSi 1.3, then you'll have to find a shop that does the update for you. ShopTemp will install the firmware for you for $2. But it's up to you.

13. zanmato_

zanmato_ Member

For a DSi compatible cart, I'd recommend a Supercard DSONEi over the AK2i. Way better build quality and features like real time save and real time guide. Not that much more expensive either. It also has the anti-piracy autopatching feature, which means that almost all games work on it without having to wait for firmware updates or patches. On the AK2i you have to wait for AKAIO updates.

But in my opinion the DS Lite is better than the DSi anyway.

14. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

the acekard 2i has a lot of problems (because the company is dead) now so i see whats so good about them...
    i would get a iedge there a good card and will always work on any dsi firmware because it has a very easy update process...
    there a grate card so i would defo recommend buying one and there is still firmware being made for it so all the new games will work on it... :)
    iedge = grate card

15. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about the company going out of business. Are you sure you're not thinking of the R4? What are these "problems" it has?

16. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

well i heard that the original company is not making firmware anymore and leaving it to another company to make them,but if u think about it the other company is making no money off this so they could stop at any time,then the newer games wont work so thats a problem,and then i heard that the card is over rated and that its not that well built anyway.

17. innergamemaster

innergamemaster Well-Known Member

really?? iedge over acekard??? lol...
    it's like saying sam bowie is better than michael jordan

Acekard is alive and well...you need to fact check
    Post Merge: [time]1279424232[/time]
    your iedge is nothing more than a clone of cycloDS, flashed to work on the DSi

18. yoshi2889

How much times must I say this... (I)EDGE IS NO CLONE OF CYCLODS

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

WTF?

The acekard site is still being updated, and the alternitive to the original firmware (AKAIO) is actually better anyway.

It's far from dead, r4's yes (originals that is)

20. Amelia Leeming

I'M CONFUSED! Well the acekard 2i is out as i said i didn't want to spend all holidays on this and to borrow another persons ds lite, no sorry to much organisation. How much is the SCDS2 as I'm quite interested in that and how much is the DSTWO. Also r both of those easy to download and who thinks which one I should get and r there any others which r easy to use????