1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSI

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Amelia Leeming, Jul 17, 2010.

1. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

ok
    i will keep checking back and i hope it arrives for you very soon :)

2. Amelia Leeming

Amelia Leeming Well-Known Member

It's arrived at last!! Now WHAT DO I DO!!!

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Go to the site presented by the cart, get the firmware for your cart, and put it on your MicroSD card.

4. Amelia Leeming

i've looked on the web which one is it and do i have to delete any of my r4 files on my micro sd card

5. LuckyTrouble77

Backup your games and saves and anything else you might feel is important (not the old firmware), and format the MicroSD card. This will make sure the old firmware is completely gone. Then put the new firmware on the MicroSD card for your cart, and put all your games and such back on the MicroSD card.

People suggest the Panasonic Formatting tool for formatting, but I've used the normal computer formatting plenty of times with no issues so far.

6. Amelia Leeming

what do i do to format it???

7. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

FAT32 if possible, else FAT or FAT16.
    Not NTFS in any way, could result in serious problems...

8. LuckyTrouble77

First, Windows or Mac?

If Windows, simply go to "My Computer," right click on the drive, and go to the option labeled format.

FAT32 will definitely be what you want to format it to, though I believe that may be default.

9. Amelia Leeming

Thank u that is really helpful, windows, just doing it now is it ok that i have just moved my games folder to some where else on my computer so i will still have it??

10. LuckyTrouble77

If it isn't on your MicroSD card, it won't be affected by the format. Your games folder that you placed elsewhere on your computer should be fine.

11. Amelia Leeming

cool, i will start the process now
    Post Merge: [time]1280514349[/time]
    It is taking quite a long time so while i am waiting i know how to download the software stuff so that's fine but what is the bootstrap shall i download it and where do i put it. Also where do i put the games folder??

12. kieran-123

put the games folder back on the micro sd card,then put the firmware on it,then see if it works if not you will have to update the bootstrap (easy to do dont worry) :)

13. Amelia Leeming

That's what i did, but know when i turn my dsi on i select iedge and it comes up with this message,

An error has occurred.
    Press and hold the POWER
    Button to turn the system off.
    Please refer to the Nintendo DSI
    Operations Manual for details.

What have i done wrong!?!?!

14. yoshi2889

You didn't install the Bootstrap update.

15. Amelia Leeming

I installed the bootstrap and put it on my micro sd card then what do I do?
    Post Merge: [time]1280657728[/time]
    I'm really confused with the boostrap thing. What ive done is download the boostrap 4 windows then i open it up and it comes up with this little box in the top box it says drive and the name of it and next to it it has a little box saying refresh and in the bottom box it says ROM: and then it says next to it path to: Puzzle series Vol 3 - Sudoku, then next to that it has a little box with three dots in it if u click on it it opens up the folders in ur micro sd card then next to that it has a little button saying update, it is blanked out when it has the sudoku thing in it but then i typed in games (the name of my folder with all of the games in it) and pressed update but it said Error locking drive, What do i do!!!!

16. yoshi2889

...I will look at the update. Wait a second.
    Post Merge: [time]1280683897[/time]
    Here's the readme:
    Code:
    iEDGE Bootstrap Updater v2 (for Windows)
    ========================================

EDGE Official Website: http://www.edge-ds.cn/

How to use
    ----------

1. Obtain the required ROM file, which for this version of the updater is
       "0363 - Puzzle Series Vol.3 - Sudoku". Please see below for further details.
    2. Insert a MicroSD card into a card reader, then insert the card reader into
       your PC. The MicroSD must be formatted with FAT/FAT32.
    3. Launch the bootstrap updater executable, EdgeBootUpdate.exe
    4. In the bootstrap updater GUI, select the drive corresponding to your
       MicroSD reader
    5. Using the "..." button, navigate to the ROM file specified in step 1 
    6. Press the "Update" button to place the bootstrap update on your MicroSD card
    7. Using the MicroSD card, update your iEDGE bootstrap according to instructions
       found in the iEDGE reference manual

Required ROM file
    -----------------

For this version of the bootstrap updater, the required ROM file is
    "Puzzle Series Vol.3 - Sudoku":

Common filename: 0363 - Puzzle Series Vol.3 - Sudoku.nds
    MD-5 Checksum: 28BF2CE16074264786F57303D0FD9F65
    SHA-1 Checksum: DA6266384EDB73EC39ACD37BAD433AF664794228

17. Amelia Leeming

Thanks, i worked that out and downloaded the Sudoku game and typed it in but the problem is, is when i press update it says error locking and i am on a windows so i cant press ok but continue, what do i do?!?!?

18. kieran-123

go on youtube it will help a lot.
    just type in how to update iedge.
    theres some on there that showed me how to do it. :)

19. Amelia Leeming

That is excatly what i did and did all of the instructions but the person who was demonstrating it i think was on a mac so when it came up with error locking he just pressed ok and continue, i dont have that option i can only press ok and it stops updating

20. LuckyTrouble77

Look specifically for a Windows tutorial and use that (assuming you have Windows of course). Macs are very different machines a lot of the time.