1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Episode 1 of "Batman: The Telltale Series" is currently free on Steam!

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by NintyRaccoon, Nov 5, 2016.

?

Which is your favourite Batman (game) universe?

1. The DC Animated Universe, regardless of game developer (Konami, Midway Games, Ubisoft).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher-verse, regardless of game developer (Ocean, Sunsoft, Konami, Acclaim)

50.0%
  3. Batman: Dark Tomorrow-verse (HotGen/Kemco)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Batman education games (The Learning Company)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight-verse, regardless of game developer (EA Games, Glu, Gameloft)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Rocksteady's Arkhamverse

50.0%
  7. Telltale-verse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lego Batman-verse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

Telltale has made the first episode of "Batman: The Telltale Series" free until November 7th, 2016. Visit the game's steam page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/498240/ ) and click on "Download Demo".

Good luck with playing it though. According to many user reviews the game lags a lot in general. And some users have got an error message which Telltale hasn't solved yet.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Telltale Games is a Master of the Story driven gameplay genre of videogames, however as you mentioned they have this bad habit of not fixing issues people encounter with their games.

I had my first and only (as I never intend to buy any of their games anymore) encounter with this bad practice of theirs when I bought their "Back to the Future" game. Granted the game was sweet and I enjoyed playing it. The problem with it was it doesn't remember the name you choose to give Marty McFly as his identity in the past during your playthrough on all five chapters of the game, which is a minor bug they could have fixed but didn't bother with.

As for your poll, I still prefer the wacky "Silver Age" Era of DC Comics, because that was the era I first got introduced to Superheroes altogether.

I can still remember the weekday morning TV time slot that used to air in my country when I was three years old:

7:30AM

8:00AM

8:30AM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ApbWF3GTo

Then 9:00AM was Sesame Street

But now all they air are crap Morning talk shows where worthless Actresses talk incessantly of motherhood and all things women blab about all day long :p

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its getting so bad in the UK that I'm expecting one of the BBC channels to get renamed to 'Victoria Derbyshire' because that's all it seems to show now.

4. NintyRaccoon

Yeah, Telltale makes BTTS look awesome, despite the lack of "Rocksteady-action". I couldn't play the demo, but at least I watched the let's play video of Episode I. As for the new interpretation of the Batman mythos, I would say it depends on what the players expect.

I would like to ask you to look at the poll again, because I didn't ask about the comic book eras (my favourite is the 'Silver Age' era as well). I was talking about the different eras of Batman games.

Most people today are fond of the Batman: Arkham games, while some of us remember the past Batman games fondly. I know many people who think Sunsoft's movie game adaptation of Tim Burton's Batman (for the NES) is the best Batman-game until the release of Batman: Arkham Asylum. Personally I think Arkham Asylum is the best of the hexalogy followed by Arkham Origins (despite its bugs). Yes, I also took Arkham Underworld and Arkham VR into account.

Yeah... The days of the Saturday morning cartoons are long gone and are missed. And I would like to say that many cartoons of today aren't great at all: just lazy flash animation with weird and silly humor, comparable with Adam Sandler's silly movies.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Oh my bad LOL

If we're sticking to videogame adaptations of Batman then my choice would be this one:

I just don't know where Batman got his arm cannon though.

6. NintyRaccoon

Good choice! Glad to see another player who doesn't give all the praise to the Arkham-games. I love the music of Batman: Return of the Joker, and it's really fun too!

It sure looks strange to see Batman using firearms, in this case an arm cannon. Perhaps Sunsoft wanted to go the Mega Man-route since those games were very popular. Just imagine a DC Universe where all of the Bat Family use guns instead of Batarangs and Martial arts... Deadshot really won't stand a chance!

Anyway, if you cast your vote in the poll, that would be on the Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher-verse since Batman: Return of the Joker was the sequel to Tim Burton's Batman (although not canon according to the movies).

Btw, I realised that I've forgotten the Lego Batman games. But the poll is updated now! :)