1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Etymology of Usernames

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Have you ever asked yourself why loonylion chose his nick? Does he like lions or is he loony in some way?

Or wondered where Seph got his name? Is it Seph as in Joseph or the most probable origin Seph as in Sephiroth?

Or does Born2killx have dark desires to "kill" someone?

Well this thread hopes to answer these & other Questions about our usernames, the rule we'll follow is, you describe why you chose you current name.

As for myself:

Cahos Rahne Veloza is a play on words Cahos is a play on "chaos", Rahne is a play on "rain" or "reign" but as how I pronounce it "ran" as in the past tense of "run" & Veloza, I have no idea of its origin or meaning but I'm guessing "velocity" or for "speed" or "fast".

C.R.V. EDIT:

I just had to clean this up because of a referral from another thread link here on RomUlation.

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Seph says his name didn't come from Sephiroth, I think he saw it on an MP3 player or something.

I made up my name, say, two to three years ago, because I was clueless about what I wanted to name my character on RuneScape. I quit RuneScape one and a half years later, but the name stuck with me and I use it everywhere. I used the alias TaMaDe once, which is Chinese for damn it. I need ideas for a new alias. I do have dark desires to kill two kids in my class (one constantly insulting me and calling me a nerd), but I'll spare you the details. His name's Paul, and if you do a little treasure hunt, you will find a picture of him from links in my profile. It's a long hunt though. :p

3. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

^Actually your name came from the desire to kill anyone who uses bad grammar. :p

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Yeah seph got his name from the most random place.

Mine is a combinations which ive carried over from my email, My name being Al and my partners monique, hence Almo.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like a nice guy, you should have him sign up!

My name did indeed come from a random glance at the table next to my desktop. I had an MP3 player named Sephi, I stripped the i and was left with Seph, it's just one of 3 nicks I use regularly, the other two are quite secret though. :)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

bet I know one of the others :p

my name dates back from secondary (high) school, from what we call year 9 (age 13-14). Someone in my class named everyone after the animal that she felt they were most like, and I got named after the lion :) the 'loony' bit was an in-joke because our school had a terrible record for having immature and idiotic pupils attending, despite being supposedly an elite grammar school, and I was one of the few who had a reasonable amount of common sense.

Cahos Rahne Veloza's suggestion that I like lions is true though, although I didn't take much of an interest in wildlife until later on. My avatar is actually a lioness I adopted.

7. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think me and my friend had just finished playing each other in COD. I kicked his ass (naturally) and then he just started calling me Rounds. Since I'm SO original I just used it for my user name here.

8. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

I reckon the others have something to do with polar bears. ::)

Well i got my name, well eating congee. But the then the site that i originally had registered with already had a congee. So i used conjy instead. :)

9. Peach_is_Awesome

Peach_is_Awesome Well-Known Member

What do you mean by COD? Curse of Darkness?

Anyway, I'm not good at names, and I'm a fan of Princess Peach, so that's why my name is Peach_is_awesome.

I also use this name at MugenGuild. (If you want to ask me what MUGEN is just PM me)

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

/confused

lol I am the guy, Al. perhaps you should read more carefully.

11. Loonylion

Call of Duty most likely.

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Oh I'm quite sure of that, I was merely suggesting that Monique was too and that you two had a wonderful and happy relationship with him playing the mistress. Guess it sort of fell flat though.

13. rounds25

yeah, it was call of duty. Where'd you get Curse of Darkness from?

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Wow! I didn't think many of you'll find the topic that interesting!!! :eek:

Anyway it's cool to know that we don't just pick out our names at random (well, except for Seph maybe but still you got to admit, the origin of his name came from an MP3 applet cool!! And I thought it was short for Sephiroth!! And Loony, you adopted a lioness, what as her sponsor at a reserve or as a pet, that'd be REALLY REALLY COOL!!! :D

Sorry Winterreise it's just that Seph's, Loonylion & Born2killx's names were the first names that came to mind & I kinda admit I wanted to get on their good side because I used to had a bad reputation as a "Jackass" with my bursts of outrage at people. I wanted to have a clean start since it's the new year & all

And oh before I forget sorry Peach is Awesome for getting all ballistic at you before. :-[

And I'm sorry to everyo0ne I've turned "Hulk Green" on.

15. rounds25

Its OK Cahos. We forgive you. I'm not so sure about Peach is Awesome though.

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well mine is my real name...without the uderscore zero...i just add underscore zero just because my name always been taken away from me....

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I imagined you got that name from "Calvin Klien" but I gueseed I was wrong!!

Sorry for bad mouthing you befure Calvin_0

18. Loonylion

As a sponsor, she lives in a sanctuary in South Africa, although I have been to see her several times; she was really friendly and came right up to the fence. She was originally used as a photographic prop when she was a cub, before being bought as a pet, then once she grew up she was turned over to an animal charity to be rehomed in Africa, as it became apparent that she was not developing properly. She cannot fend for herself due to multiple disabilities, so she is kept as wild as she can be, with humans providing food, veterinary care and protection, but otherwise she is not allowed human contact.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Man THAT is deep!! Selfless act of human compassion awesome, really!!!

No more wise cracks about your username from me again EVER!!

Just shows you how deeply one's name can mean, I consider this thread a total success hope more users talk about their names here :)

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Thanks I really am trying to be a good member here really no more mister asshole :)