1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Female Gamers

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by --life-sucks--, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

^your method only leads to fail.

come on =__= back to the fucking topic

2. nikume101

nikume101 Well-Known Member

And the topic was?? ???

3. Zeb

Zeb Well-Known Member

That's the topic, so my saying I like female gamers adheres to the topic.

4. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... sex while playing hentai games... what could be better ^.^

5. nikume101

This thread is dominated by males...

:D

6. redoperator

... thanks alot, now i'm gonna have to stay away from this topic for a while

7. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

This IS a male-thread. :) There aren`t girls around who can say "man,it`s hot to meet a boy who play videogames". lol. i don`t care. there are millions of other things that would possibly make me hot. :)

and this thread is leaded by: "chicks, what are your views on the controversy of female gamers?" controversy? don`t see any. so got nothing to say. ;) that would explain why less girls are posting here.

8. cowabunga!

cowabunga! Member

I know that I'm coming in late here, but I can't say it much better than this Sarah so I'll just leave it at that.

9. nikume101

Aurice got OWNED! :D

10. redoperator

owned...

no nead to argue

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Then why post?

If you looked in the previous pages, yes there was someone opposing it, there's not much controversy as much as people gushing/hating that a girl plays games.

Good lord.

12. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Sorry for busting in like this, but I like to reply to a few posts on the previous pages.

I think that it was already made clear that ASD is not very proficient in English (he admitted it himself). It's not fair to judge him solely on that. Also, how old is ASD? Are we talking to a 12-year old boy, or a 30-year old man? It matters.

That is so untrue. Prejudice is something that has to exist in life. It is a form of protection, and I think it is something you instinctively do. You don't drink water from a well you see a dead animal floating in, even though it might be okay to drink (prejudice based on sight). You don't jump in a lions pit, even though the guard says it is ok and you won't be attacked (prejudice based on past experiences and instinct). You don't walk through certain neighbourhoods at night, because you might get robbed or attacked, even though it might be safe (prejudice based on social structure). You won't fly with a certain plane company if they just had a crash, while the chance is very high that nothing is wrong with the other planes.

One considers a situation and the facts they know and based on that make their decision. And the facts you know influence the situation immensely. Everybody has different facts gathered in their past. You can steer them, teach them your views, but not force statements like 'prejudice is wrong' on them like you're doing here.

Now to extend this to the whole gender issue. If statistics (for example using sociological research) show that a certain gender perform better at one task, isn't it then in the best interest of everybody to have these people do this task? And as a result have the other gender not do this task?

I can't quote research but in life there are things in which women are better than men and men are better than women. It's a fact, something inherently different in how we are, and you can't change that, no matter how hard you want it to change.

I don't know who you are, but now that I've read this topic, I can see you're easily aggravated and give up (the 'just shut up' part) instead of trying to settle this in a decent matter. And I will add it to my list of facts. Now the question is, will you add more facts so that my view/prejudice will become more positive towards you?

And won't your prejudice against ASD be that he's a sexist, in all other topics to come?

---
    Related to the topic, it's great that girls also play games. It makes another thing that you can have in common with each other (girls and boys).

...pff, finally, I can get back to my thesis project...

13. nikume101

I just read the last paragraph... I give it five nods* :D

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I think you've misunderstood what I said. I know what prejudice means, Prejudice doesn't mean something wrong. I meant that being prejudice is wrong.

I'm aware that women and men are better at different things, of course, both sexes have their strengths, I was arguing against the way ASD worded his post.

This is what I was arguing, I realize that his native language isn't English and that he is relatively young (and naive), but I'm sure this statement isn't a mistake in the language. The last sentence was simple in structure and grammar, I doubt anyone who can speak fluent English can screw that up.

Yeah, I know I can't change people, or people can't change (that's something up to debate if people can change or not) but it's worth arguing against, ignorance isn't something to be ignored.

Yeah, I've been left pretty bitter when it comes to this forum's members. Being aggravated probably isn't the best way to show my case but, eh.

Naw, I generally don't hold any sort of grudge on members, besides a certain few like Databank. (No one seems to understand this, sadly)

Nice.

If you weren't able to burst into a topic in a forum, then you really aren't in a forum. :p

15. redoperator

... DISHED OUT!!!

well, i was playing online with a a couple of friends (3, 2 guys, 1 girl) and come to find out it doesnt matter what gender a person is you'll always have those gamers that'll either let you have the item, or take the item from you: steal your kill or just support you... it doesn't matter at all...

... discussion ended?

16. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

So you got killed or robbed by a female gamer, which you don`t expected? lol

17. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

well you can see level of this thread now,and its not over nine thousand

18. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

getting there though xD

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Ah, nomercy, the controversial member, to classify people into groups is also a mistake, ya see though many people might go on in a trend people are different and generalising to big groups is rather dumb, don't you think?

20. redoperator