1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Female Gamers

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by --life-sucks--, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

If there is more spamming in this section more serious warnings will be given out.

3. Pyronix

Pyronix Member

Any gamer is cool with me, be it male or female. Just as long as they're not *too* cocky and egotistical.

4. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

First of all, where do you put the comma in your sentence? I don't understand the second part of your post

Nah, it isn't dumb. It's natural that you classify people in groups. You simply can't look at the interests and beliefs of every individual person, not in a world of 6 billion people. It just won't work. With such numbers there's always somebody opposing somebody else. Generalising is what keeps the world in order. Also, nice how you place me in the controversial box of people.

Good to see that the whole ASD thing is sorted out. My conclusion: ASD's english is a problem when communicating to other members.

Natawlie, how can we turn that bitterness into sweetness again? Do you need a hug? :) Nobody should feel bad about romulation.

Finally, naive isn't in the dictionary. If you don't believe me, go look it up. :D

Now, what were we talking about? Female gamers?

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

This thread talking about what is our view about female gamers, from the male POV and female POV.
    I'll say there's nothing wrong with female playing video games, if they enjoy playing video games they can play as much as they want. It's cool.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It was never sorted out, from what I gather, he doesn't see girl gamers (or nerdy type girls) as normal. What's not normal? They enjoy a hobby that involves electronics? What's so strange about that? He has trouble with the English language but he's repeated this over and over again and it's excruciating to read it because the feminist in me says "wtf". Sure, it's uncommon, but it's totally normal.

There was no time that, that bitterness was ever sweet.

Naive. If you mean that as a joke, the word is gullible.

7. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Don't mean to be unsupportive but there are people out there who thinks that female playing video games are weird, but not all of them think like that you know, at least I don't.

The female around here like playing video games right ? Enjoy playing it, and don't pay those kind of people any though, just prove that female play video games is as good as the male ones.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

If generalising is good then I can fit you into two groups;
    1- Troll bait.
    Yes, look at your big reaction at my small sentences.
    2- Asian.
    Oh hey, racism is generalisation too. So is it alright for me to say things to you like "Sucky sucky, five dolla"? No it certainly is not.

Bang. Generalisation is stupid. Kthnxbai ^______^

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...what on earth happened?

[me=mds64]is attempting to go back to topic at hand[/me]

I was beat by a girl in smack down 2 on ps1...she was new to it...and I had 4 months worth of practice...

They are adaptible things aren't they?

I do miss the old gaming clan i was once a part of...the tetris matches we had were of epic proportions...

They remind me of my mother-they site quietly while I'm screaming for a long 4 block XD

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

MDS likes girls that remind him of his mother?
    Hmm...

11. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

i don't believe female gamers exist... infact, i've yet to see evidence that females exist.

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

That's because you live in Scotland.
    The only Scottish 'female' i've seen is Susan Boyle and i'm fairly sure that thing isn't human or female.

13. Omega00

Omega00 Well-Known Member

I think it's awesome, I mean, if a female wants to game why shouldn't they? It's the same as guys, you want to play a game? play it, for all that is good, PLAY IT!

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

In skill-in temperment i certain hope not.

Agreed :)

15. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

lulz gold star for you

16. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Just trying to get the topic back on track. :)

And you must like bitterness, from what I can tell (+1000 posts). Also, to me gullible feels more direct than naive, people won't pick up the dictionary if they can see through the joke immediately, but they both can work.

17. rokkubr

rokkubr Active Member

On on line games it is always best to assume everyone is a guy,but if you aren't one of those nerds that search for a girlfriend on a mmorpg then you don't have anything to worry about.Sure it might be annoying to find out your friend since lvl 1 is inf fact not a girl.
    Truth be told if i find a real girl is on the other side of a avatar i tend to be surprised after all in a sea of shemales finding a real girl is quite rare,but that's about it.But having a girlfriend who shares your hobbies seems really nice,it don't have to be gaming it could be like,tennis or comedy movies.Having something in common always help in long term relationships

18. Galdr Chant

Galdr Chant Member

I personally think female gamers are nice to have around, generally for young men who are equally obsessed.
    I carry my DS around most of the time, even to school, and play when there's freetime.

I also think it's fair, and if men played video games and not women, the video game industries wouldn't be selling even HALF of their merchandise as they are now. They're making way more money than any company I can think of now, and I'm not saying "because the females are buying the games to make it happen" I'm making a point that doesn't need to be argued with.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, being a female gamer, in my perspective.

And ew, whoever said "I don't believe in female gamers". They're probably all around you, you probably just don't look maybe? o_O;;

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

^1 up Galdr Chant.
    That's a good point to make. Game sales!
    And if you look at sales statistics it does show quite a lot of buyers are female on the sites that keep those stats.

20. nikume101

nikume101 Well-Known Member

Sheeeez... Mixed opinions...

Here in our country, where the most popular games in terms of genre are MMO's, female gamers are dominating... Not only they are good at beating you, they are good persuading as well... "Baiting" as I call it is a brilliant strategy that even guys are imitating it..

Hehehehe...