1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FFVII ISO error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wolf_rider, Nov 26, 2010.

1. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

I recently downloaded the ISO for FFVII Disc 1 from FFInsider: http://www.ffinsider.net/psx-iso/final-fantasy-vii-usa.html

When I try to run it I just get an error message saying "error loading isofile: ..."

I've tried using ePSXe 1.7.0 and 1.6.0 as well as PSX 1.13. I even tried mounting the image on a virtual drive using Daemon Tools and it still didn't work.

Other games seem to run fine. Is it a problem with the ISO? It sure would be annoying downloading a 400MB+ file only to find that it was corrupted.

The files were .cue and .bin.ecm files if that's relevant.

In fact, the emulator didn't even detect them as image files.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try here
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=44470.0

3. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

I tried using ePSXe 1.5.2 with the recommended plugins and settings. All I got was a black screen unfortunately. Thanks for trying though. Any other ideas?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I mean download the FFVII files there and try them.

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

They work perfectly, I ripped them from my own game and use them myself.

6. wohdin

wohdin New Member

wat

shouldn't that just be .bin?

7. msg2009

No it depends what program you use to rip them, I have games with .IMG and .SUB and .CCD as well as .BIN, I have MDF files, and poweriso files and probably more I cant remember right now.

8. wohdin

wohdin New Member

derp

what kind of backup software rips discs with a cue pointing to a file with a doubled extension?

OP, see this.

9. msg2009

10. wolf_rider

wolf_rider Member

Thanks Wohdin.

Turns out whoever ripped the ISO decided to compress the .bin file. I had to download the ECM program to decompress it back before I could use the image.