1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy 13 Worth buying?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by triemie, Dec 26, 2012.

1. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Recently i was walking through a local gamestore at my city when i saw Final Fantasy 13 just laying there for 15 euro's ,
    So i'm wondering if it's worth buying i've heard alot of bad things about it from a few friends but i still wanted to try it.
    What are your thoughts about the game?

2. lcleong

lcleong Well-Known Member

if u don't mind bored to death like me pressing X or O on my bed while napping

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its not that simple... unlike 12 with a well set up gambit system.

I haven't really found anything seriously wrong with it.

4. grimreaper26

grimreaper26 Well-Known Member

The eye candy is reason enough to buy it if you ask me.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Even easier if you have the IZJS version. Sheesh, just hit L1 and everything goes super fast like an emulator.

FFXIII pisses me off for random reasons, like those damn sidequests that are in no way freaking linear. I mean seriously, if they put the next Cie'th Stone at the end of every previous mission objective, I wouldn't need to stay glued to a poorly written guide that vaguely tells you where the quests markers are.

That, and the main story is far too linear.

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Its probably like 5 bucks now, why not pick it up. I liked it.

7. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

yeah, i bought it liked it up to now :D

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I saw FFXIII-2 for £2.50 the other day and left it, after the shit of FXIII I will never go back to Final Fantasy again.

9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Good for you. I liked XIII myself, but it didn't seem to have much else to offer after the ending.

10. Mr.PowPow

Mr.PowPow Well-Known Member

I could not agree more, too many feels.

11. Alias1983

Alias1983 Well-Known Member

I said thoes exact words at ff9, such a trash game.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

IX was one of the best in the series. X went downhill, X-2 was unbelievably bad, then XII was better than X-2 then XIII is better than XII, but overall the series is still down on where it was with VIII/IX

13. Alias1983

Alias1983 Well-Known Member

LOL 9 was a waste of money, I threw it out the window, worst ff I ever played, the main character should not have a tail and be 4 foot tall. the cartoon look was discussing and a headach.

Also after ff8 came out the FF world clamored, begged and pleaded for a ff7 sequel, Square said they would never ever make a sequel and look at how that went.

FF8 was ok, way better than 9 but ff7 will always be the best FF game made and FF5 comes in a close second.

I played parts of 10 on a friends game and I thought it was the most horrably designed way to setup a game. the grid system crap is annoying, I watched a friend play 12 and that was just as much a joke as 10. More of the same from 10 and nothing really interesting.

And the american game companies make better rpgs than the japs do anymore. they have lost there touch with gaming and from what I can tell the only jap based gaming system not suffering is nintendo. Sony is only alive cause of there american based game manufacturers and free online play.

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

So, your only real qualm with FF9 was that it had cartoonish graphics?

Okay. I'll keep in mind not to take your opinion all that seriously~

@msg: I know it's a scary thought but XIII-2 was actually a fairly decent game. Bit too easy but it did what it did a lot better than I thought it was going to.

15. insanecrazy07

I've also noticed that the first game in the series are always way too linear and then they break that completely with the sequels.

16. Reider

Reider Modereider

I can't really remember off-hand but did XII's sequel on the DS fall into that mold too? I know X-2 was like that at least and aside from my dislike for the cast and story, it was an alright game.

17. insanecrazy07

I never played Revenant Wings simply because I couldn't stomach playing as Vaan for another 50 hours. I don't believe it was linear...XII's design wasn't linear, but the progression was. The way they made it was that you could explore into higher level areas, but you'd get your ass kicked the second you'd walk into that area. So I'd still call it linear in that sense.

The only reason XII gets such praise from me is due to the fact that they made a second version that allows classes and not the generic all-purpose license boards. Unfortunately only the Japanese and a select subgroup of pirates have played it...

X-2 had an outstanding ATB system and I wish they used this in every game from there on out.

18. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

Lol weird since the Crytranarium (not sure if I spelled it right) is based on the grid system of 10. I liked 10 and I found it better than XII. XII looked good but made me feel lazy with the gambits system. 10+12=13 which isnt so bad

Back to the topic of if you should get 13, yes you should. It's cheap and has a lot of hours of gameplay so go

19. venusheart

venusheart Member

I'm not sure because i didn't buy the game. I brought FF13 X2 and i had no idea what was going on, the game has so much to offer with the story, the graphics. I'll just asume that both are alike only with different storys. Good features about the game? Well the characters have hair that actually looks real... characters will speak to you when you pass them and you get to choose what to say. The battle system can get annoying at times but that's final fantasy for you. :eek:

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Ugh, your poor spelling skills are a headache :p

I've got to agree with the Anthropomorphic character designs being stupid, heck I hated that too on Legend of Mana, but having cartoonish graphics is not a bad thing :p

Remember, even the earlier Final Fantasy games had cartoonish or rather Anime inspired artwork.

I for one am against realistic graphics because if a character looks too perfect, et al human like, then chances are I might get a boner and start jacking off instead of playing.... Brrr~! Damn you realistically looking Lara Croft! Why did your boobs have to look realistic, I was all too happier when they looked like a bar of Toblerone instead :p

Ugh, so many spelling mistakes :p

Care to give an example of a "better" American RPG? And no, MMORPGs don't count.