1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flash Carts: A Guide to What to Avoid and What to Buy

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by LuckyTrouble77, Jun 9, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Price is no reason to avoid, otherwise the CycloDS wouldn't be a top cart (the most expensive of the three listed).

It's because links to the newest YSMenu files just get scattered around, so people have a difficult time finding them. It would probably be easier if they were put in one place that got updated every time they did. I'll leave that for someone else to bother with though. As a cart, the TTDS is fine as long as the person knows how to use it.

Really though, if I put every cart that people have issues with almost daily on the list due to not knowing how to use their resources, every cart would be under avoid.

Got it, the E7 is outdated junk then. I'll go ahead and update its status.

The EDGE carts are good, but not as good as the top carts. I wouldn't list them as top buys. The CycloDS is there because it does everything the EDGE does far better. The Acekard2i and the Supercard DSTwo are already the widely acknowledged top DSi carts too.

What all is in the EZ Flash V series? I'll have more time to do research myself in about a week (probably some good time this weekend too), but at the moment I'm a little dependent on others to help me fill out this thread correctly.

I went to the official iTouch website and found three carts they produce. All are listed as questionable. Apparently this cart was made by the M3 team though, but I can't confirm it right now.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The EZ Flash V series contains the following.

EZ Flash V - Works only for the DS Phat/Lite.

EZ Flash V+ - Works only for the DS Phat/Lite.

EZ Flash Vi - Works on all DS' with a firmware update for the card.

EZ Flash 3-in-1 - Slot-2 cart that works with the DS Phat (GBA Size), or just the DS Lite (Lite Edition). Both do the same thing.

Here's their products - http://www.ezflash.cn/products.htm

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

What about adding that pile of shite R4 Christmas Edition.

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Didn't see this one: [​IMG]
    I can also be blind, but...

Maybe this one: [​IMG]

Don't know if this is the same as an R4i dsixl or whatever is listed there: [​IMG]

5. Lomaha

Lomaha Well-Known Member

I've got some DSTTi gold cards and they works just fine. Just keep the firmware updatet and I can live with a few games nok working the first week its out - they are cheap!

6. mickathome56

mickathome56 New Member

lookinthemirror, i bought the xmas edition spelt (chrismas) i agree pile of crap, burn them all in a large fire and blow the toxic gas towards iceland. avoid at all costs

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Yo LuckyTrouble, SCDSTWO doesn't only have a GBA Emu, it also has a built-in CPU so there won't be any Anti Piracy problems which the Acekard2i has. So SCDSTWO is better then AK2i, even if you don't care about GBA Emulation.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That has been proven not to work at all really from what I hear as of now.
    They need to work on it.

9. LuckyTrouble77

That already failed with Jam with the Band (E). They had to release a firmware update pretty much right after releasing their card that could supposedly get through an AP perfectly. Until it can live up to its promises, that won't be mentioned.

Added them to the avoid list.

R4 Christmas Edition added to the avoid section.

Added all the slot 1 carts (as the EZ Flash 3-in-1 is slot 2 and is the best slot 2 cart available). They are currently under the questionable category until input is given as to their credibility as good flash carts.

Also, should I create an EDGE section since they are technically CycloDS clones?

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I can say from my experience that the EZ Flash Vi is a very good cart. The Vi is the only one that I used though, so I can't vouch for the rest, but I assume that they are just as good because the Vi is just an EZ V that works on the DSi.

11. LuckyTrouble77

I'll put them all into the "Fine" category then, especially since they just got that update today (yesterday?). They seem to be all very similar to each other in nearly every respect, so grouping them together seems proper in terms of quality.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I think that they're pretty much the same.
    Though, the update was strictly for the Vi, but there will be an update for the others coming soon.

13. LuckyTrouble77

As long as they are getting active support and can play most roms (preferably patchless), they're fine carts.

14. darijun

darijun New Member

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I was wondering about the SC DS2. I didn't see anything about the iEDGE though.

15. LuckyTrouble77

The iEDGE isn't there because it isn't a top cart. I'll eventually create an EDGE section, but I'm not going to recommend the purchase of one when there are better carts available.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would recommend putting every option down though, but I know it'll take time to make.
    I'm still updating my soft-mod thread. :p

17. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Are you also gonna upload pictures?

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That would slow down people's net connections and loading times, especially if they have dial-up. :(
    Links would do fine for pictures though if people wanted to see them if lucky wants to add them.

19. LuckyTrouble77

If I put spoilers in spoilers, I could actually pull it off. I don't have time right now though. Once finals are done, I'll have plenty of time to tend to this thread.

20. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well even if the image is in a spoiler, it still loads the image.
    Just saying.