1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flash Carts: A Guide to What to Avoid and What to Buy

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by LuckyTrouble77, Jun 9, 2010.

1. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Yep Mick,a lot of people bought it and came on here saying it wouldnt work.It was a glorified r4 with people getting told to go to some naff website for firmware that didnt work.
    Imagine them scamming bastards ripping off kids at Christmas.....

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I suppose if there was a "Super Avoid This Because the Cart Sucks and the Developers are Dicks", that cart would get tossed under that section.

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Some info:
    Avoid any AceKard that isn't 2.1/RPG/2i. The AceKard/2/+ suck.
    The G6 is a fine cart, similar to the M3 Simply.
    The iTouch is a good cart. (aka Fine) It has compatiblity with multiple firmware (from the M3 series)
    Avoid most carts with a Number+Letter format, except M3, R4 original, and G6.

Good Flashcarts Are: (I know some are already on the list, but here anyways)
    SuperCardDSTWO - If you want amazing compatibility with the best RealTime functions with GBA Emulation.
    SuperCardDSONE/SDHC/i - if you want great compatibility and good RealTime functions without GBA Emulation.
    AceKard RPG/2.1/2i - Overall decent flashcard with good compatibility and other good features.
    CycloDS - Great flashcard with RTS and other extras with great compatibility.
    M3i Zero - Good flashcard; simple, good AP removal, and work with all DSes.
    iEDGE - CycloDS clone that works with the DSi.

4. LuckyTrouble77

This is twice that I've heard that the G6 is a fine cart, so I'll fix its standing. I'll put the iTouch and its two variations under fine as it seems to be as good as an M3 is ever going to get. The little bit about the Acekards I figure people will be able to pick up on since I listed specifically in my section that pretty much all other Acekards other then the 2 are good carts. Plus, the 2 and lower are nearly impossible to find anywhere anymore and certainly aren't worth the price if you do find them.

I'll eventually have to create a Supercard and EDGE section. Every Supercard except for the DSTwo just can't compete with other carts I have listed as top carts. For EDGE, its good, but not nearly as good as the cart it is trying to be like. The M3i Zero is already listed under fine.

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

It is poor.

The card needs to be updated everytime (new card) to support new things...

6. georockman

georockman Well-Known Member

I still have the r4i gold... i am gonna get the supercardtwo though... it can emulate GBA games... YES!!!
    anyway, it plays all the games i have except the blue dragon:awakened shadow... it doesn't save :(...
    any one got a patch for that?

7. LuckyTrouble77

This isn't the place to ask for patches. Please check the Blue Dragon AP thread for fixes.

8. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

May I quote this article to my fackbook Note?

9. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Quoted For Truth.

Here are my favorite 5 flashcards and why:

1. SuperCard DSTWO
    - Perfect compatibility, awesome GBA Emulator, plug-in function, Real-Time-Save, Real-Time-Load, Real-Time-Cheat, Real-Time-Guide.

2. Acekard2i
    - Great compatibility while using AKAIO firmware. Loads GBA ROMs from Boot with 3 in 1 Expansion Pack.

3. TTDS
    - Has a good compatibility while using YSMenu.

4. EDGE
    - It's just a good card if you want to play homebrew. It has a good compatibility, the firmware has been updated recently.

5. R4 Original
    - Has an awesome compatibility if using Wood R4, but ends up on number five 'cause there is a huge chance of getting a clone R4.

10. yoshi2889

(i)EDGE is no Cyclo clone.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

actually edge IS a cyclods clone.

12. yoshi2889

R4i Gold sucks at compatibility. It even can't play Warioware DIY!
    Post Merge: [time]1276524649[/time]
    Partially then.

It has not the same features.
    I prefer Cyclo if I must prefer one of the two.

As Kiekoes said: It is great for homebrew, but I like my R4 SDHC better for games.
    EDGE has awful sound distortion at my favorite games.

13. LuckyTrouble77

Do whatever you need to. This is for the community to use and enjoy.

Agreed, R4i sucks, a lot. Hence its position.

The EDGE doesn't have the same features as the CycloDS, as the EDGE is a clone that couldn't manage to recreate all of the features the CycloDS has. Generally clones are lacking in one way or another, and this happens to be where the EDGE is lacking.

Anyways, my updating time fell by the wayside this weekend sadly. I got busy on finals and such and completely ran out of time to update this. In three days though, I'll be granted with a lot more free time for the next few months, so updates should be more regular.

14. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

you should ad another one: r4i neo its bad very bad

15. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Ez FLash Vi is with the clean mode a MUST buy!
    Please put it in the part of "good flashcards" (last spoiler)

New in the clean mode and why in that list?

1) Works with the DSi and DSi XL (or LL)
    2) Can run DSi roms
    3) Update monthly with all chrashing games
    4) Clean mode with AP cracker
    5) AP cracker build in! (for some you need to use the clean mode)
    6) Rather cheap (25€ for mine and I got a 4GB card)
    7) Able to run 32GB cards!

16. LuckyTrouble77

I'll leave it under "Fine" for now. Next time a game comes out with mass AP, let me know how it fairs. If the firmware can fix the game before cards on the buy list, then I'll have no reason not to put it under the buy suggestions.

Will do. I'll have it under "Avoid" ASAP.

17. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

you have finally spoken the truth about the r4

18. LuckyTrouble77

As I actually own an Original R4 (or at least an identical clone), I can at least speak for the fact that the cart is not the garbage many people make it out to be. I wouldn't recommend it as a purchase, but I'm not going to recommend throwing it in the garbage either.

19. fikri

fikri Active Member

you might want to add the website for each flashcarts, especially for the r4 sdhc
    apparently, there are a couple of cards that goes under that name and it can be quite confusing

i can vouch for the the one listed in this website though : r4sdhc.com (the regular one, not the v2.10T)
    i've been using one for 2 years and i've never encountered a single problem (i'm using ysmenu)

20. LuckyTrouble77

I'll consider it, but that's a lot of sites to track down. As I just have the normal R4 SDHC listed as fine, I'll hope that people are smart enough to know that the R4i SDHC 3D v2.65T (made up...hopefully) isn't the same cart.