1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flipnote Studio NDS ROM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CuteEwok, Dec 19, 2014.

1. CuteEwok

CuteEwok New Member

Was wondering if anyone could upload the ROM to Flipnote Studio for the DSi. (I've heard it used to be on here)

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Says who?

It's a free DSi Ware anyway, try downloading from the eshop: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3994/p/696.

3. CuteEwok

CuteEwok New Member

Yeah, but I'd like to rip music, sprites, etc. from it too.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I've finally found out how you thought it was here; was from an old comment at another site by a guy whose username is 'Jasper'. He offered 2 websites as response to the question posted there; one directing the inquirer to try here, the other to a site containing NDS rom release database notes that does not contain any rom download links. In any case;

So you intend on ripping the resources found in the application. It's a DSi Ware, which I doubt anyone able to dump. And even if that's possible, I've not seen anyone providing a dumped copy of it. Not even sure if there's any that exist anywhere. Furthermore, I believe there's no emulator that can run a DSi Ware, and not sure if a DSi Ware rom can be played by anyone besides the dumper. At another place, you have found a 3DS rom version of that application.

[​IMG]

But you don't seems to have a 3DS handheld, thus looking for an emulator for it. There's one in early development, but don't expect it usable to load that rom. If your intention is to rip resources from a rom, well, the 3DS rom should have to do. Anyway, good luck trying to find it as NDS rom. :)

5. binnb1

binnb1 Member

This is a really late reply but if you have the app on a DSi you can use the DSi SDAT dumper to get the keys and extract the contents from the exported files.
    Also No$GBA might have DSi support. The author is looking into it.