1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game download restricted.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by koooowweeee, Oct 7, 2017.

1. koooowweeee

koooowweeee New Member

hi

i joined a few days ago and managed to download 1 rom. now when i try to download another it says Game download restricted. any reason for this?

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Which rom are you trying to download? Most probably its one of the "Restricted roms". These roms are restricted because due to copyright issues.

Also check if you have enough points to download that particular rom.

3. Mahogany Rush Steve

Mahogany Rush Steve Well-Known Member

As this site is a console classic downloads site, it seems silly to have games that are restricted or unable to download.

For instance, NDS downloads for Pokemon Black version states 277457 downloads, but is now restricted even though the Nintendo DS is old hat.

I have just visited the Nintendo website, and it would appear that even the official sellers of Nintendo games, do not seem to stock DS games, all the games I have seen start with 2DS upward.

A search for DS Lite games only revealed one game but that was Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers + A2 Posterand this was for the Nintendo Switch,

the other two items were "Super Mario Phone / Console holder" and "Mario Kart 7 + Mario holder" the Mario Kart 7 game was for the 3DS.

I would have though that there would be no sense in Nintendo enforcing copyright issues when they themselves no longer produce or even sell these games.

I know that copyright issues are complicated, but this is my personal opinion and I'm sure that many people would agree that Nintendo should relax their restrictions.

kridhay likes this.
  4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

legally copyright persists for 70 years from the death of the copyright holder, you can blame Disney for that. Not enforcing copyright in some circumstances theoretically could weaken the claim in other circumstances, which is why they won't turn a blind eye.

We don't have restricted downloads by choice; we have to comply with takedown demands otherwise we get in a whole load of trouble that we really don't want to deal with.

jr42094 likes this.