1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[GAME TUTORIAL] Hotel Dusk : Room 215

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by meganova, Mar 19, 2010.

1. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

As long as the post is useful for other Romulators, I guess bumping old threads shouldn't be a serious problem...?

I think that save file would be useful for me if I get stuck at the same place.

2. hinanami26

hinanami26 New Member

Hello! This post may be old, but is there someone here who can share a save file after lockpicking room 218? I have tried several times but it won't work.

3. NintyRaccoon

Hi @hinanami26 and welcome to Romulation.

My suggestion is that you upload your save file of the part where you're stuck to a third party sharing website (for example mediafire) and then write down the link here. This makes it easier for any of us to look into it and try it out ourselves when we have the time and the possibility to do so.

4. hinanami26

hinanami26 New Member

@NintyRaccoon
    Hello! Thanks for replying, I already figured out the problem. I'm using desmume to play Hotel Dusk. Apparently, when I try lockpicking room 218 it only shows a black screen. First I thought it was supposed to be black. After several attempts I just decided to watch a playthrough in youtube. I was surprised when I saw that the player was able to view the keyhole itself so it was easy to lockpick it. I saw on other sites that the problem is the emulator itself and it works fine for No$GBA users.
    Thank you! I appreciate your concern. :)

5. NintyRaccoon

Great that it worked out for you @hinanami26! :)

Which version of Desmume (which caused the "black screen"-bug) and No$GBA (which solved the bug) did you use by the way? Can you please also post the YouTube-link to the video where you saw the keyhole-part here in the thread?

All of the information I'm asking you will be useful for future Hotel Dusk-players who might run into the same problem.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017