1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hack of Platinum: Pokemon Sol Platinum

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by T-Dub, Mar 20, 2010.

1. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

Hi, everybody, it's me T-Dub! Alright, I'm here today releasing my hack of the platinum version, the game formely known as Platinum Plus. My bro gave me the idea of changing it to Sol Platinum, on an account that I'm using Heartgold and 'SOUL' Silver sprites in my game.

In this installment, I've included, yes you know, inserted sprites from HGSS, and changed some of the other Pokemon sprites. If see that any new sprite look weird or seem to be standing over their shadow, please inform me. I've already tried correcting as many of them as possible...

...Also, a different from Platinum Plus is that I've slightly beefed up the elite four and champ level. I also, finally finished editing all the Pokemon center challenges and wild Pokemon that appears in the water.

The Pokemon in this hack learns slightly different moves than from the original game. Like for example: the Gible evolution line can learn Magnitude and stuff. I also changed just a few Pokemon's Abilities! Like Dragonite having Magic Guard and Umbreon having Pressure.

I did try my best in editing very trainers you encounter in-game! This includes the trainers on stark mountain, ya know the battle frontier part and pokemon center battles, if I haven't said that before. What I didn't decide to do was edited the trainers that get significantly stronger through vs. seeker rematches\which I renamed on the game...

Since, I actually didn't know how to add any new event...yet...I had no choice, but to place the non-native legendary Pokemon in random throughout the sinnoh region. You can find them in the following places: Sendoff Spring, Snowpoint Temple, Stark Mountain (Outside and within the cavern) Turnback Cave and the Route 230, 226, 229, 227, 225, and 224! I'm not tellin' which legend appears there you just have to find out by hangin' around their; legendary pokemon only become available after you defeat the game the first time.

Wild starter Pokemon are available too, but they appear in random spots. I will reveal those area later...When I get ready...

Also, I HAVE NO IDEA, I mean none whatsoever, if this patch will work on any flashcarts or card...thingys. I never used those types of program...exe. things. I strongly recommend you playing this on an emulator, until I figure out how to fix this.

Here's a question: If I pre-patch this into a rom, would it work on your flashcarts or whatever you usually use to play your DS games? Also, once finish patching the game will be exactly 202mb, I have no idea why the game is so BIG. I think it has somethin' to do with the amount of extra dialogue I placed in the game. Everytime, I would make new dialogue, the rom would get slightly bigger.

Closing notes: Hey look, I'm well aware of the american version of hgss being out and all, but since it's unplayable at the time, why don't you all just enjoy my hack, until somebody finds a way to fix out all the ap crap in the rom. That's all I ask of you. Beside, my game is the closest you're gonna get to an american hgss! LOL

Anywho, here's the link to my game: http://www.mediafire.com/?ojzv4mj2zdo

This game includes a pre-patched version, here's it link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zzdtkzk4jnk

the pre-patched version includes a few re-did sprites. like numel quilava and chikorita! I fixed elekid, it look like he was standing over his shadow and teddiursa. If anyone see any weird lookin' sprite PLEASE report it to me.

I do hope you all enjoy, if you find any in-game problems, please report it to me.

If you don't know how to make your trade-evolution Pokemon evolve, just jet down below and the evolution walkthrough I put together.

Poliwhirl evolves into Poliwrath by being exposed to the Water Stone. (Some wild water type might hold water stones) It evolves into Politoed by holding the Splash Plate and leveling up in sun light.

Kadabra evolves into Alakazam by holding the Mind Plate and leveling up in sun light.

Machoke evolves into Machamp by holding the Fist Plate and leveling up in sun light. (If you don't know what this means, it means; Daytime)

Graveler evolves into Golem by holding the Earth Plate and leveling up in sun light. (Daytime)

Haunter evolves into Gengar by holding the Spooky Plate and leveling up in moon light. (Nightime)

Slowpoke still evolves into Slowbro at Lv 37, but evolves into Slowking by exposing it to the Water Stone.

Onix evolves into Steelix by leveling up inside Mt. Coronet, if was possible to do this inside Iron Island, trust me...It would be there instead of here.

Second verse, same as the first, Rhydon also evolves into Rhyperior by walking around and leveling up inside Mt. Coronet, and my opinion about the Iron Island thing remain the same.

Seadra evolves into Kingdra by exposing it to the luring effects of the Water Stone.

Scyther evolves into Scizor at Lv 42.

Electabuzz evolves into Electivire by exposing it to the Thunder Stone.

Magmar evolutionary condition is also similar to that of Electabuzz, just use the friggen Fire Stone on it, then presto, you have Magfatass.

Don't worry all of Eevee evolutionary conditions are still the same, so no sweating when catching one in Eterna Forest.

Porygon evolves into Porygon2 by successfully reaching Lv 38 and evolves into Porygon-Z by using the Dawn Stone on it.

Now, going straight to the Hoenn section, Kirla evolves into Gallade and Gardevior with two different conditions.

When a male Kirla reaches Lv 30 it will evolve into Gallade and when a female Kirla reaches Lv 30 it will respectively evolves into Gallade's counterpart, Gardevior...It's just that simple, there shouldn't be a Gardevior with nads walking around, that just WEIRD, so that why I changed it this way.

Trapinch evolves into Vibrava at Lv 28 and into Flygon at Lv 40. I did that because Flygon is one of my favorite Pokemon.

On a strange twist of faith, Feebas evolves by showing it the Dawn Stone and awakening the poor thing inner beauty...or some crap like that.

Dusclops evolves into Dusknoir by exposing it to the Dusk Stone. Get it, Dusknoir...Dusk Stone...Alright, not funny.

Okay...Moving on...Snorunt still evolves the same way so don't catch a female Snorunt, level it up to 40 and expect it to evolve into Froslass...Because it won't, it'll just turn into Glalie.

Clamperl, it evolves into both Huntail and Gorebyess, by respectively exposing them to either the sun or moon stone.

Now, let's foray straight to the Sinnoh Section, which won't be very long...Really.

Budew evolves into Roselia at Lv 15, something the original programmers should of done.

Ya know, I wasn't really never that fund of the friendship evolve thing, so I decided to make Chingling evolve into Chimecho with a moon stone.

Buneary evolves into Lopunny at Lv 30.

Munchlax evolves into Snorlax, once reaching the Lv 30 mark.

Riolu evolves into Lucario on Lv 30, as well.

Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill, Espeon, Umbreon Golbat and Togepi, all still evolve by friendship evolution.

Last and finally not least, my little bro for beta testing for me.

If you're searching for any specific type of Pokemon, please tell and I will tell you their locations. Also, I will soon be doing a walkthrough of what to expect in Sol Platinum...Basically the level of the pokemon of all the important battles.

Right now, I'm just reveal the gym leader's pokemon, items they hold and levels.

Roark
    Lv 14: Larvitar (Oran Berry) Lv 15: Craindos (Oran Berry) Lv 16: Sudowoodo (Sitrus Berry) If that not a lame team, I don't what is...I'm kidding, but with all his pokemon with the ablitiy to use Rock Polish, he does get kinda annoying.

Gardenia
    Lv 21: Nuzleaf (Coba Berry) Lv 23: Bellossom (Sitrus Berry) Lv 24: Leafeon (Occa Berry)

Fantina
    Lv 28: Duskull (Colbur Berry) Lv 30: ???? (Colbur Berry) Lv 30: Sableye (Salac Berry) Lv 31: Mismagius (Leftovers) Sorry, I couldn't disclose the identity of her second pokemon, I'm afraid it classifed, you just have to find out on your own.

Maylene
    Lv 36: Breloom (Coba Berry) Lv 35: Medicham (Muscle Band) Lv 37: Kangaskan (Muscle Band) Lv 38: Lucario (Focus Sash) Why Kangaskan, you ask? Well, that's because it part fighting type on this game. LOL

Crasher Wake...Mucha Lucha
    Lv 41: Sharpedo (Focus Sash) Lv 42: Lumineon (Leftovers) Lv 42: Floatzel (Focus Sash) Lv 43: Kingdra (Leftovers) Hey, didn't noticed that all his Pokemon held the same items...cool, I guess...

Bryon, The father of Roark
    Lv 50: Skarmory (Wacan Berry) Lv 51 Scizor, My favs (Occa Berry) Lv 51: Bastidon (Chople Berry) Lv51 Magenzone (Expert Belt) Lv 52: Empoleon (Wacan Berry) Damn, shoulda put his Empoleon on lv 53 and Magenzone on 52, all his pokemon levels are too close. LOL

Candice
    Lv 57: Abomasnow (Occa Berry) Lv 58: Glaceon (Expert Belt) Lv 58: Jynx (Focus Sash) Lv 59: Froslass (Leftovers) Lv 57: Cloyster (Focus Sash)

Volkner, Alright as the strongest gym leader of Sinnoh, I had to give him six Pokemon, here check'em!
    Lv 68: Jolteon (BrightPowder) Lv 68: Raichu (Expert Belt) Lv 67: Luxray (Razor Claw) Lv 69: Electivire (Leftovers) Lv 67: Manetric (White Herb) Lv 68: Lanturn (Leftovers)

I'll do the elite four, champ and battles against Rival tomrorrow.

If playin' on a no$gba emulator, to best view the sprites, put your game's 3d renderer on opengl, once in a trainer battle, and put it back in nocash once leaving one. Open makes the game run slow in the openworld.

Look, I'm not saying that my game even FALL in the same class of Bloody Platinum or that of the Enhanced Edition, I'm only just asking that you test out my game and see how you like, see how it feel. That's all I ask of you.

The programs I used to make this hack possible.

EEDP (Evolution Editor)
    PMEDS ( Moveset Editor)
    WPEDS (Wild Pokemon Editor)
    PDEDS (Pokemon Data Editor)
    PPTE (Project Pokemon's Trainer Editor)
    HTPE (Honey Tree Editor)
    SGPE (Safari Game Editor)
    PokeDSPic 'Platinum' (In-Game Pokemon Sprite Editor)
    Paint (For recoloring some of the HGSS sprites)
    Tile Molester 0.16
    thenewpoketext
    NitroExplorer2b
    No$gba 2.6a

Okay, now let's try with this: http://img231.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=ampharos.jpg
    That's the link to the screenshot album, if that don't work try these, they're the link to each separate screenshot;
    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9238/sinbox3.jpg
    http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9912/rhyhornattacks.jpg
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8630/redsupereffective.jpg
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2697/magmargirlpart2.jpg
    http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5963/magmargirlpart1.jpg
    http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9153/horsea.jpg
    http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/3420/espeon.jpg
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1893/eeveewithcutecharm.jpg
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8100/doubletrouble.jpg
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6269/beedrill.jpg
    http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5590/ampharos.jpg

2. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

so...does it work on supercard?

3. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

This project sounds like the perfect ROM hack for someone who doesn't have (or want) others to play with.

Are all 493 Pokemon catchable? That would seal the deal for me, man. I can tell you put a fair amount of work into this, so I might test it out soon.

4. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

You know, I really don't know, I ever actually used a supercard before, I always tested it on no$gba.

If I make pre-patched version you reckon it would work on it? I've already heard folks say when they tried playing on cards that the game freezes once entering there first fight against battle.
    Post Merge: [time]1269128841[/time]
    Wait, what?! Why wouldn't I want people to play my game? I wouldn't have posted this if I wanted to keep it all to myself, now wouldn't I?

And yes, I think I put MORE than a fair effort in making this. 4th gen hacking is rather limited when coming into alteration!!!!! There's not much you can do in ACTUALLY changing the game. I would add the national dex early if I only knew the offset for it...

...And, yeah! all pokemon are available, why wouldn't it be?! That what makes it different than the orginal game...Damn, I'm sorry man, that was a stupid question to ask, you think?

5. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

I think Xelados meant with "This project sounds like the perfect ROM hack for someone who doesn't have (or want) others to play with." , that if you don't play the Pokemon game in Wi-FI...., just alone!

6. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Wow, pretty interesting man, will try this out! :D
    *Thumbs up!*
    Post Merge: [time]1269236547[/time]
    LOL, Magfatass.....

7. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

Hmm...Perhaps. I probably did misunderstood his message. But seriously, who would possibly try and play wi-fi using pokemon from a hack game? kinda weird, ya think? besides, the game was made to be only played for fun. not for online purposes.
    Post Merge: [time]1269471122[/time]
    thanks, I promise that you want regret any of it.
    and, yeah, magmortar is pretty FAT; hence magfatass! LOL

8. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

Screenshots.
    Always.
    Have.
    Screenshots.

9. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

screenshot? I would love to, but I don't know how to take screenshot on nogba. I could use desmume, but runs WAY too slow for me. is there any other program I could use?

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But it's an honest question, sometimes they might make a seperate rom so trades can be done...

THat said, most of these pokemon hacks have user's expecting al pokemon anyway.

It's just the same game with some tweaks, you could almost photoshop a few scenes or the original to make it look like this one was screenshot.

I think you just pause it and use the "print screen" option on your pc.

The prt sc (print screen) button, or if your a laptop user, that and the "fn" key.

Paste that to paint and edit it until it's decent enough.

11. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

"But it's an honest question, sometimes they might make a seperate rom so trades can be done..."

I guess...But I don't think that'll change anyways, regardless of what I do to the rom itself. Trades can still be done. What I did, is just eliminated the hassle of having to trade your pokemon, so they can evolve. This can be done with any pokemon rom.

"THat said, most of these pokemon hacks have user's expecting al pokemon anyway."

and that kinda expectation for pkmn hacks, should be uphold.

As for, "I think you just pause it and use the "print screen" option on your pc.

The prt sc (print screen) button, or if your a laptop user, that and the "fn" key.

Paste that to paint and edit it until it's decent enough."

Super helpful! Hopefully it works. Thanks

Edit:
    Oh, shit! It works! I've pressed that button before, but I never thought of clicking paste on paint. I'll have some screenshots up soon! Thank you, Hypnos dude!

Post Merge: [time]1269476497[/time]
    okay, now I just wanted to say. I have screenshots now.

12. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Screenshot link not working. Hack looks fun. I might try it out once i'm done with soul silver.

13. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

damn, just check it. and it didn't work. strange, it worked for me yesterday. it suppose to been an album. let me see if I can try somethin'

PS: Working on another patch, this patch fixing some if the hgss pkmn sprite; sprite that seem that they're floating, standing over or underneath their shadows; like vileplume and dragonite.

14. mursyidi_1986

mursyidi_1986 Member

already test it. just can wait to finish it. anyway you said that you'll make the walkthrough. if there's any that will be far more interesting for me. yeh, i kind of the lazy type person but still want to play because it is fun. anyway thanks for your version of this game. it work just perfectly for me. ;D

15. isnorden

isnorden Member

I'm a solo player mainly because I can't get wi-fi where I live; this hack is a dream come true so far. More species to catch, more challenges in battle, and more logical ability/move choices (I've got some suggestions if you're still developing this). Plus there's no more need for solo players to hack data for a Pokémon that's stuck at an evolutionary dead end;THANK YOU for that major change!

16. isnorden

isnorden Member

I've just discovered a glitch: whenever I tried to level a Dewgong up into the mid-40s and beyond, the game asked me whether I wanted to learn several glitch moves (with names like [minus sign] and [blank space]). By the time I had raised the Dewgong to level 64, I got stuck in a perpetual do-you-want-to-learn-this loop no matter how I handled the question. The only solution I could find was to release the critters and never catch another Seel/Dewgong again.

I suspect that T-Dub is no longer working on this game, but are there any other ROM hackers out there who are willing to fix this bug? I'd love to keep playing Sol Platinum without running into similar problems.

17. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The OP still comes here from time to time, but don't quite expect him or anyone to fix the glitch anytime soon. If you want to give it a go yourself, download these program package : http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-pokemon-d-p-pl-rom-editor-tools-f5836.html, and http://projectpokemon.org/mirrors/EEDP.zip

You could try checking the moveset or evolution data. You can opt to use NitroExplorer2b, Tahaxan or PPRE to perform the extraction-reinsert of the narc files (just use 1 out of 3 mentioned programs).

For each program, you need to locate and extract these .NARC to use with it via NE 2b/Tahaxan/PPRE:
    1. Pokémon Moveset Editor DS (PMEDS) -> wotbl.narc (to change what each pokemon learn as it level up)
    2. Pokémon Data Editor DS (PDEDS) -> personal.narc (to change the stats, base value, etc. of each pokemon)
    3. Wild Pokémon Editor DS (WPEDS) -> _enc_data.narc (to change the encounter rate, type, etc. of wild pokemon)
    4. Evolution Editor (EEDP) -> pokemon sol platinum.nds (to change the evolution)

After editing, choose to re-insert the .NARC. If you do it correctly, cross-finger you could fix the glitch yourself, or maybe even edit the data to your desire.

18. chummit000

chummit000 Member

Nice way to "bypass" the evolution requirements.

But does it also have the same "bypass" for event-only items like the Azure Flute, or should I still use Action Replay codes?

19. isnorden

isnorden Member

Just discovered a new bug: migrating any Pokémon from Gen 3 to Pal Park fails when I use this hack with DeSmuME 0.9.8. If any of you have played Sol Platinum with a different emulator, were you able to transfer qualified Gen 3 Pokémon? Please let me know soon!