1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Halo: Reach Storyline

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Corriger, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Corriger

Corriger Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks the story got utterly jacked in Campaign?

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Utterly jacked?

3. Corriger

"Jacked", meaning messed up.

The main reason being the fact that Cortana and the Autumn were on Reach, when in the book they were already supposed to be up in orbit. There are other things that I found to be iffy, but this in particular bugged me about Campaign.

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

And that bothers you, i think you are looking to much into it.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/09/14/bungie-on-the-contradictions-between-halo-reach-and-halo-the-fall-of-reach-novel/

Also, honestly, Bungie has the right to change something from the book considering they own and can change the fiction of the book at anytime. Also, there's a million of other inconsistencies from the books and games and even from book to book.

If you consider the one event as messed up then you're beyond help.

6. Corriger

Eh... I suppose so. Still doesn't quite sit right with me, though.

There were other - somewhat smaller - issues I had with Campaign concerning what's established in the game and what's established in the books, but you are right: it's Bungie's game, and they can do whatever they want with it.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cortana is a computer program, she could easily be in more than one place at once.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

In the universe of Halo, complex ai cannot be just simply copied if I remembercirrectly FYI.

9. Corriger

Well, Cortana did gain the ability to clone herself, though it was a botched version gained from a Covenant AI. And it wasn't achieve 'til after Halo blew up.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I remember this but wasn't there something up with the clones or something? I might be imagine things maybe.

11. Corriger

That's why that cloning function was "botched"; the clones were unstable, and usually ceased to exist in... a few hours, I think.

12. boxihead

boxihead Well-Known Member

If you look at the date, you can clearly see that the year is 2542, ten years off the mark. I think chapter 1 through 27 are canon, while the last chapters are not. The book was written before Reach, so it could be a continuity error in Reach.

13. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

If you look at the date you can clearly see the date of the last post is 1 year ago

14. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

haha

15. kushedok7

kushedok7 New Member

i dont know what you mean by "jacked" but yea i wasn't really into the story unlike halo 1-3, they could have made it better