1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help! R4 won't work anymore :(

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SocialCubone, Aug 8, 2017.

1. SocialCubone

SocialCubone New Member

I have a dsi xl version 1.4.5 and my r4 is 1.4.5. I tried to put a new wallpaper on my micro sd so I can have a new wallpaper. After I attempted to do it, i turned on my dsi and when I selected to bomberman icon. The screen turned on and I was at the menu but the entire screen was black. So I backed up my ds games and format the micro sd card. After that I downloaded 1.4.5 r4 - sdhc, I extracted it and put in on my micro sd card, turned the system on and it still didn't work :'( i need help pls! Also when I turned it on (when I downloaded 1.4.5) the screen was all white.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It's seems quite obvious the issue is with that newly added wallpaper. Did you make it or got it from an R4i site? For it to work, it has to meet a certain specification. I can't properly recall what the specification was; probably has to be .bmp and picture size must be of 256 x 192 pixel. Also, did you back up just the DS games or everything from the SD Micro. You needn't download a new v.1.4.5 firmware if you had the original files which you had backed up. You could simply return those backed up files. After all, the issue is with that wallpaper which hadn't met the required specs. On a side note, these "TScreen.bmp", "BottomInit.bmp", "TScreen.bmp", and "BottomScreen.bmp" (if present on your R4) can't be replaced.

Sorry, that's just about all I can help.

3. SocialCubone

SocialCubone New Member

Thank you for the feedback, So I can't do amything?

4. SocialCubone

SocialCubone New Member

When I downloaded the r4 file and unzipped it, it showed me three folders and one document. Why didn't it work when I had put the files in the micro sd card?

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Regarding your PM; sorry I can't accept your video. Please post it in your topic (here).

As for that question; since you didn't answer my earlier questions, I just have to assume you didn't back up the original files before formatting. As such trying to re-install a new copy from the R4's official site will not be possible on your DSi. You'll need an older NDS to do the installation before you can use that R4 on your DSi.