1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with SOMETIMES controller lag.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by link407, Aug 23, 2016.

1. link407

link407 New Member

So I have the weirdest thing happening. In PCSX2 I can play God of War and Kingdom Hearts just fine. Going to play Black and there's controller lag all over the place. Both Snes9x the 64 bit version and ZSNES do the same thing...Actraiser is perfect but then I go to Super Mario World and there's an almost 1 second delay in everything. They all do this both fullscreen and windowed.

Could there be a specific reason why one game is fine and the other is not? Could it be the files themselves? Could PCSX2 just not like FPS? GOW and KH play perfectly. I've tried multiple SMW files and they're all the same. I've redownloaded Black a few times and it's the same thing. Steam games are perfect with a controller as well.

All my games and emulators are on a standard 7200rpm hard drive. All emulators settings are default except mapping out the controller buttons. Playing with an updated wired Xbox One controller.

Specs -

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4770S @ 3.10GHz
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (8-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. K30AD_M31AD_M51AD_M32AD (SOCKET 1150)
    Graphics
    SAMSUNG (1920x1080@60Hz) TV display
    3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit) (ASUStek Computer Inc)
    Storage
    223GB INTEL SSDSC2BW240A4 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
    1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
    Audio
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Thanks in advance!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if its happening in snes9x I'd say its something to do with the controller; either the drivers or windows 10. there's absolutely nothing else that would cause it on that system.

link407 likes this.
  3. link407

link407 New Member

Well it looks like it was Windows 10 AND PCSX2. I went ahead and reinstalled Windows 7 and updated everything and gave it another go. Zero lag in ZNES and Snes9x. And I'm guessing for some reason PCSX2 doesn't like FPS. I've tried Black, Battlefield 2, Timesplitters 2 and Call of Duty 3. All of them lag like crazy. It's a good thing I'm not a FPS kinda guy but it was kinda bothering me how they lag like crazy. Oh well. Thanks!