1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HG/SS Help

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by GroundForce, Jun 30, 2013.

1. GroundForce

GroundForce New Member

Does this guide work anymore? I want to catch Kyogre/Groudon and Ray in SS...
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=23543.0

EDIT : I followed the guide and when i tried to rename the sav file to the corresponding game it didn't work but when i renamed the game like the sav file it worked e.e. The thing now is that i cant put the save in the main folder where i have my other saves cuz it just deletes everything i did and reverts to the save before i caught Kyogre

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Why not you give it a try first? Cause obviously according to that guide there's no time limit to it.
    And that guide did mislead a bit. You do need WIFI, in this case, just local WIFI emitted by 2 consoles at close proximity.
    Of cause the issue here would be do you have 2 consoles in order to do as instructed? Since 1 must run HG, the other SS.

3. GroundForce

GroundForce New Member

PS : I play on an emulator

4. Prectorian

Which emulator would you be using? If No$GBA, it won't work. Since it doesn't have any local WIFI nor Online WIFI ability.
    Which by the way is needed to communicate both roms to each other as according to the tutorial linked.

5. GroundForce

GroundForce New Member

I use DeSmuME 0.9.9

6. Prectorian

Had you set up the WIFI ability for it? If there's none in that version, try the SVN release.
    But it depends on how your internet setup is like. DeSmuMe SVN with WIFI capability can communicate with another DeSmuMe on 1 computer or across 2 computers (locally or online). Of cause again, some found trying to set it up as too tricky and troublesome.

7. GroundForce

GroundForce New Member

No i haven't set up the WIFI cause in the guide it says that you only need 2 folders with both of the games in them and the save where you caught Groudon/Kyogre and just rename the save. It also says without trading in the title e.e
    Post Merge: [time]1372603666[/time]
    Well the thing is i renamed the game into the save ( HG into SS ) and it worked. I caught Kyogre and i have Groudon too and i think i can probably catch Rayquaza. Now every time i start the game instead of Lugia showing up on the titles screen i get Ho-Oh but i think that is a minor thing compared to 2 legendaries right?

8. Prectorian

Maybe, never did tried doing it.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If we're talking ROMs and emulators or flashcarts here, then why not create two saves just before catching the first legendary, and use those saves for both ROMs? It doesn't take rocket science to figure out how to do it since the saves don't need any complicated converting from ROM to ROM.

I caught both Groudon and Kyogre by creating two saves, one renamed to the opposite version, and Pokegen to extract the PKM file to input into my main game. After that, it's easy to get Rayquaza.