1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how do you organize you almost-mass collection of roms\isos?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by miguel_urbie, Jun 22, 2015.

1. miguel_urbie

miguel_urbie Member

i have hundreds of games in iso\rom format for different systems that i play on real consoles and emulators...

i'd like to ask, how do you people organize all the stuff?

it's a pain of the ass having real hardware and flashcarts\devices because there is software different for each thing...
    and some require their own clients\patchers\copy methods...

so i wanted to ask, what tricks and cool things you guys use for browsing and trying new retro games?

also, in a side note, i really find annoying to manually have to download then decompress to the right folder, isn't there some way to make it more automatic? like a browser extention that automatically decompresses rar\zip and 7z files and moves them to a folder?

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

For organizing/ managing games of different consoles I create folders with different console names and add the appropriate roms/isos to those folders.
    Then import them through this http://www.launchbox-app.com/ and assign Emulators through the application for each file extensions.
    Yes i can assign no$gba to .nds and Dolphin to Wii/Gamecube isos etc.

You get something like this in the end

[​IMG]

Now i don't have to worry about going into different files/folders, opening emulators and browsing roms/isos. I open Launchbox and double tap a rom/iso/pc game and voila!

3. miguel_urbie

miguel_urbie Member

this seems really neat. just like steam.. it solves the problem of having dozens of exes and it's a cool way to have everything at hand to play

do you usually get complete sets, or you add the games when you want to play them?

4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Right now i have EVERYTHING imported to the software. You don't have to add each game individually, there's an option that lets you import entire folders of roms/isos all at once, just make sure the game files are named properly.

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Just in one big old gaming folder.
    [​IMG]

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I remember betrayal at krondor, almost certainly the first D&D inspired game I ever played

7. lullabysong

lullabysong Member

I do the same thing as msg for organizing games.